tagging issues: foobar 0.8.3 -> 0.9.1
May 21, 2006 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

binkgle

500+ Head-Fier
I've been working on transferring from foobar 0.8.3 to 0.9.1, but i find that a lot of the files i've encoded, which are perfectly tagged in 0.8.3, show up without tags in 0.9.1. why would this be? i really don't want to have to retag all of the these files, even if masstagger makes it easier (it's mainly cds that i've ripped over the last few days that have this issue, whether i've ripped to flac, tagged, and coverted to aac (new nero encoder) with 0.8.3's diskwriter or ripped directly to aac then tagged in 0.8.3. all ripping is done with the latest version of eac.

the reason i'm using 0.8.3 to do the tagging is that i'm still not that familiar with 0.9's interface (though i certainly like it) and i've not quite decided how i want it to be laid out yet.

also, if most of my files (nero and itunes aac, with some mp3) are, i believe, encoded with apev2, is there any way to convert the ape tags to id3v2?

thanks guys,
Jack

May 21, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #2 of 8
anyone?

May 26, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 8
No idea why your tags would disappear. I had no such problems; with ID3v1/2, FLAC, or Vorbis tags.

As for converting the tags, in 0.9x, anyway, right-click on the files in question, and under tagging, click "MP3 tag types". Should have options for ID3v1, ID3v2, and APEv2. Assuming you already have tags in one or more formats, just select the checkboxes for one or more, then click "Update files".

May 26, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 8
I don't mean to thread crap, but since we're on this topic can anyone tell me where the specific instructions are for tagging? I'm new to this and everything I have is ripped to .wav. I get the CDDB info but foobar won't put it into the same order as the albums I've ripped. I can figure out the wav>flac part myself. Thanks.
icon10.gif

May 26, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by stryker
I don't mean to thread crap, but since we're on this topic can anyone tell me where the specific instructions are for tagging? I'm new to this and everything I have is ripped to .wav. I get the CDDB info but foobar won't put it into the same order as the albums I've ripped. I can figure out the wav>flac part myself. Thanks.
icon10.gif

WAVs can't easily be tagged, convert them all to FLAC first.

I use a specific tagging program to do it, Tag&Rename, its a lot more powerful than foobar for tagging but if both get the job done?

May 27, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks will look into it. I guess I need to learn to tag and organize albums the way they are presented on the cd. I hear I can then choose via music type and other modifiers similar to iTunes. Seems like a lot of work with Foobar but I suppose the results are superior.

May 27, 2006 at 11:43 AM Post #7 of 8
Correctly tagged audio tracks are a beautiful thing.
eggosmile.gif

May 27, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Correctly tagged audio tracks are a beautiful thing.
eggosmile.gif

That they are. Sadly, my carefully tagged collection was destroyed a couple years back by MusicBrainz. I was an early beta tester, and it showed. Had maybe a 20% success rate, and the others, it trashed. One of these days, I'll get around to retagging all of my files, but until then, I weep bitterly.

/Personally ripped albums weren't touched. No one is allowed to touch those.
//EAC Secure, Offsets corrected, FLAC w/ --verify, md5sums of original WAVs...
///Paranoid much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back