Tactile Transducer with Headphones for gaming?
Jan 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rogersjd14

New Head-Fier
So I'm about to drop some cash on a HE-500 headphone, O2 amp, Titanium HD soundcard set.  I LOVE my bass, particularly the punch!  I have a subwoofer in my car, and I can't get enough of the vibration in my chest, and the way the low bass hits.

I want a similar punch in my PC gaming (i.e. gun fire, cars crashing, etc).  I realize headphones are limited to the amount of "punch" they can deliver.  How do I accomplish a deep bass "punch" while still having the clarity, positioning, and sound of the HE-500s?  

Is there a way to add a subwoofer to my system to use in conjunction with the HE-500s?  Is a better solution to add a "bass shaker" (tactile transducer)?  ANY feedback is appreciated.  You guys have been so good on these forums.

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 4
You can buy either Logitech z series 2.1 Amplified speakers with headphones input and they offers some good punchy sound output through headphones or buy ZO2 bass Amplifier and it will add some extra punch to HE500, BTW some software's can helps too like SRS WOW etc and ALO Pure Cryo RCA or lineout cables increase bass too.

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #3 of 4
You can buy either Logitech z series 2.1 Amplified speakers with headphones input and they offers some good punchy sound output through headphones or buy ZO2 bass Amplifier and it will add some extra punch to HE500, BTW some software's can helps too like SRS WOW etc and ALO Pure Cryo RCA or lineout cables increase bass too.

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 4
Is this ZO2 device going to hurt the overall sound of the HE500?  How well does it work?

I think this is more of what I was looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/Buttkicker-BK-GR2-ButtKicker-BK-GR-Gamer/dp/B000AOTLP6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357401763&sr=8-1&keywords=buttkicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back