Tactile marking earbuds
May 23, 2002 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

KentWang

New Head-Fier
So I got my MX500 about a week ago. Very nice. Impressive bass for a pair of buds.

The only problem I have is that there is no way to determine which bud is which channel simply by touch. Sure, I can just make a cut or apply some tape to one bud, but that's not very classy. Any suggestions?

May 23, 2002 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 9
go to a store like rat shack, buy two pairs of replacement foamies with different colors. use one color for left, one for right, or if you simply want ony touch, put a drop of glue from a gluegun on one side that you touch. or electrical tape (black)

May 23, 2002 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 9
I was in Rat Shack today and picked up some replacement foamies, but they were only in black. They had some colored silicon things, but they seemed to be just a ring, and not a full pad.

May 24, 2002 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 9
i also have a pair of senn hd433-------they totally suck. wasted my 25bucks. i should of gotten ksc50 before it.

but for this one, they use this plastic little thing that straps to one of the wires so u know which is the 'right' side. the red plastic is very small, thin as the wire.

May 24, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #6 of 9
KentWang, RadioShack has different colored replacement pads available on their website. Part #33-376 -- says they're available in stores, too, so maybe run by and have them look it up.

kerelybonto

May 24, 2002 at 5:38 AM Post #9 of 9
I've never used them on anything on which an effect on sound quality would be noticeable -- but I don't think they'd do much to the sound. The biggest difference will be that with the silicon rubber pads the driver casing will be entirely uncovered, unlike with foam pads. (It may be possible to put them over the foam pads, in which case the driver would be covered.)

But basically they just make the buds fit differently in your ear. Usually they expand the bud diameter a bit, making the fit a bit tighter, but also moving them away from your ear by about a couple milimeters or so. The rubberiness seems to make them stay in your ear a bit better too, and depeding on the size of your ear may give a bit more isolation. They also last longer than foam.

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back