smily_headphones1.gif

Portable Rig
Creative Zen: Vision ->
Creative Zen Aurvana's
Creative EP630
Creative HQ-1700
PHILIPS SBC HN110
Sony MDR-EX71

Right you are, no more Creative stuff talk, i never liked their products anyway .

i detect sarcasms

Aug 26, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #17 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i detect sarcasms

Who put that in my sig
mad.gif
........ *looks around* OMG, what are all those thingys doing in my house?!

Anyway, Tracker you should make a decision if you want a hi-end headphone which is aimed for music lovers and audiophile or a .1 set made for 'gamers' who do not care about SQ als long as they get muddy bloated base.
If you still want speakers check out the "computer as source" forum, lots of people ask around for the best options they can get.

Aug 26, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #18 of 86
If a hardware reviewer post this somewhere as a conclusion i seriously doubt their objectivity and audio related knowledge/experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnet
Bose TriPort Headphones - Glacier Blue
If you don't have the dough to spring for the $300 QuietComfort 2s, Bose's TriPort headphones are the smart alternative.

Aug 26, 2007 at 10:15 AM Post #20 of 86
Where did you see me say that?

I only said that Logitech create their products for people who don't know anything about audio (aka, gamers), and sennheiser create their products (at least the higher end HP's) for music lovers / audiophiles which cannot be fooled by 'funky' advertisement and brand recognition.

The logitech (and probably the bose too) totally suck compared to the HD595, and because you DO have the money for the 595 you should buy it right away. Or you'll find yourself wanting to upgrade the 555 at a certain moment.

Since the creation of the high-ohm affordable headphones, headphones always give better value then speakers, since speakers (and their amplification circuit) are alot more complex to built properly.

Aug 26, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #22 of 86
Yes, there's a dolby headphone standard, and with binaural recordings you get a effect not possible with speakers.

And you said the 595 was as expensive as the Z-2300, and you DO consider buying that one
wink.gif

..easy math btw.

You got two ears, (at least most of us have)
A headphone has two drivers,
A 5.1 set has 5 speakers and a thing that throws in low freq. tones from a corner,

What would be more natural?

Aug 26, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #23 of 86
Ah, hello there Tracker, i see you came from hardforum. I already told you days ago to check with google some binaural and holographic sounds and listen to then using any headphones. That kinda surround is better than any surround made with speakers ! You can even sense up and down direction. How many ears do you have? Think about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #24 of 86
I said that I was thinking of the Z-2300, because of the Cnet review.

The HD595s cost 50$ more than the 2.1 Z-2300 set, which costs 25$ more than the 7.1 T7900.

What I want to know right now, is how much better the HD595 is than the Z-2300 and my Accoustimass system.

Aug 26, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #25 of 86
The real guestion is:

You take the blue pill and the story ends.
You wake in your bed and you believe
whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill and you stay
in Wonderland, and I show you how
deep the rabbit-hole goes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #26 of 86
That's very clever, and fits this issue well.
But I don't think I can take this on faith. I have to know if the HD595 is really better than both of those speaker systems, and if so, by how much.

Aug 26, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #27 of 86
Instead of the 0404 couldnt the 0202 be a decent option too... it just isnt as full on Mic inputs and settings?

Aug 26, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #28 of 86
OP, I have a set of Z-2300s and I really regret buying them. The CNet review is overwhelmingly positive, but keep in mind that the target audience for that review is the general consumer, not the audiophile snobs that grace this website
smily_headphones1.gif
. For music, I prefer even my KSC75s over the speakers. I strongly recommend going for the headphones, even for gaming.

Aug 26, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #29 of 86
I am really really not an audiophile, in the sense that my 5$ speakers sound good to me. Not great.. but goood.

The KSC75 are 20$ headphones.. how can you compare them to the best PC 2.1 speaker set?

Aug 26, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #30 of 86
That's what I thought at first, but the only circumstance in which I use the Z-2300 is when other people are in my room. The KSC75s have a much more realistic/balanced sound to my ears.

By the way, which of the listed equipment have you actually heard in person? I recommend you actually hear what you want to buy before you actually make any purchases. If you hear the KSC75 and Z-2300 side by side, you might understand how I can compare $20 headphones with $100 speakers.

If you really aren't an audiophile, then I suggest you pick up a some KSC75s, some cheaper 2.1 speakers (Logitech x-230, maybe?) and save the leftover cash for something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back