T51 > Amp? > IE8
Apr 10, 2010 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Teerdz

100+ Head-Fier
Soon I will get myself a T51 player. And also some IE8's. Now I am wondering will I need an amp for the IE8's? I tried to search about it but found nothing.

Anyone using a setup similar to this? What are your experiences.

Apr 10, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 15
dont know about the t51 player but i own the ie8 and an ibasso D10 amp/Dac. The ie8 are quite easy to drive but they will still benefit from using the amp. It opens up the soundstage and give a softer more comfortable sound at higher volumes. The bass is also more controlled. I have been trying to A/B with amp and without amp as i am quite new to the head fi "club" and i can hear a distinct difference in sound. After getting used to the sound from my ibasso I am having trouble going back to just iphone and the ie8. You will have a blast with your ie8 either way.

Apr 10, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 15
I don't own the T51 but I'll tell ya this. The IE8 does not need an amp to sound good. They sound really well out of my X1060 and my ipods.

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 15
iBasso D4 Mamba willbe good match and it has dual USB DAC(for PC use) but the battery life is little short than average. The quality cable willbe important too like ALO 18AWG(CXS, Jumbo cryo, Pure Cryo) mini to mini cables. BTW some more AMPs like RSA Mustang, Predator, Headstage Arrow, ALO RX, TTVJ Slim and Pico Slim.

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #7 of 15
The T51 HO is rated at 32 Ohm 60mW per channel. My S:Flo2 can drive my Shure SRH840 almost as well as my Hifiman EF2. So I imagine your IE8 should sound pretty sweet un-amped.

Apr 11, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iBasso D4 Mamba willbe good match and it has dual USB DAC(for PC use) but the battery life is little short than average. The quality cable willbe important too like ALO 18AWG(CXS, Jumbo cryo, Pure Cryo) mini to mini cables. BTW some more AMPs like RSA Mustang, Predator, Headstage Arrow, ALO RX, TTVJ Slim and Pico Slim.

t51/sflow2 has the same dual dac chip component exactly the same as the D4. Sounds plenty loud already.

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerdz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well according to the messages. I think I won't buy an amp. And put the money elsewhere. Maybe an icecream or something.

haha though funny , this is the wisest thing I've seen a headfier done.

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha though funny , this is the wisest thing I've seen a headfier done.

You like ice cream? Because I've got a box of ice cream cones from Veghter here. Mint condition.
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by sallan75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The T51 HO is rated at 32 Ohm 60mW per channel.

Excuse my Ignorance but would that mean it is 32ohm in each ear or it can run up to 64ohm headphones perfectly

i dont understand how the ohm system works

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerdz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You like ice cream? Because I've got a box of ice cream cones from Veghter here. Mint condition.
tongue.gif

hahaha Thanks for the offer. Am right now eating some strawberry Häagen-Daz and the best thing was that I didn't have to go through "burn in" to enjoy it.

Seriously though, provided you like the IE8s sound signature. Am quite sure you'll be happy with them unamped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back