T400 Comply Foam Tips and Sony MDR-XB40EX
Dec 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Peruvian96

New Head-Fier

im not sure if im posting on the right forum, but wutever.

ive gotten some t400 comply foam tips quite a while ago. i use the Sony MDR XB40EX in ear headphones and i was pretty used to the silicone tips. a few days ago, i switched the silicone for the foam and heard a drastic change in the music and comfort. with the silicone, if i moved a bit, the tips would slightly move and id be afraid that they would fall off. and i know i have a good seal with them. with the foam tips, they stay firmly in place and are really comfortable. but there was a downside to this. the foam tips made the music sound muddy, like if i were listening to speakers that had giant pillows put over them. i went back to the silicone and found the silicone tips to produce much clearer sound. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Foam = warm but muddy sound, amazingly comfortable, stays firmly in place

Silicone = crisp clear sound, moves around a bit, feels like its about to fall, but they never do. 

also, are there any tips that are compatible with the XB40EX that stay firmly in place like the foam tips but dont sacrifice the sound quality of the silicone tips?

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 3
The Comply T400s worked really well for me, so I find it weird that the usage of foamtips makes your music sound muddy.
I (and, I'm pretty sure, everybody else) don't have any problems like that with foams (unless they're obstructing your speaker, of course) - it's the opposite for me. Silicone tips make my music sound bad, and the foamtips enhance the overall clarity.

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
The Comply T400s worked really well for me, so I find it weird that the usage of foamtips makes your music sound muddy.
I (and, I'm pretty sure, everybody else) don't have any problems like that with foams (unless they're obstructing your speaker, of course) - it's the opposite for me. Silicone tips make my music sound bad, and the foamtips enhance the overall clarity.

well what i have seen is that the silicone tips that sony gives has a small hole, and the comply foam tips have a relatively bigger hole. does that make a difference in the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back