T2 ==> Stock iPod Jack Impressions
Jul 18, 2007 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

V-Duh

100+ Head-Fier
I finally heard something that I’d like to share – as a newb probably speaking to other newbs about the “need” for an amp.

I listen to this (stock iPod 5G ==> ALO Cryo Micro LOD ==> ALO SE iBasso T2 ==> UM1s) for nearly 8 hours a day at work. When I moved up from the stock iPod to the LOD/T2 combo about 6 weeks ago, I liked it. That’s it…I liked it…I wasn’t amazed…I wasn’t blown away…I just knew it was somewhat better.

OK, today at work I turn everything on and…silence. Oops, the T2 needs to be recharged. Aw, $^*+!! The charging cable is at home! Well…alright…I guess I’ll just listen through the stock earphone jack.

Now hit PLAY.

HOLY WAH!! All my music is FLAT – like 2.25D. I now know that little, inexpensive T2 amp was worth every penny! For the past 5 hours I’ve been missing depth, width, bass, highs, etc. I know the T2 may be bested by a number of other amps (including my new MOVE that’s creeping from TTVJ to here in Alaska), but I have to say, the ALO LOD and the T2 transform plain, flat music to something an order of magnitude better.

Once I get my MOVE, my ALO LOD/T2 is switching to true portable use with a Nano. This combination makes a great little package – fits in a shirt pocket, no prob.

Overall, if you’ve been trying to figure out if you should spend some money on an amp I would HIGHLY recommend it. Get a dock cable from ALO, TURBO, Qables, etc. Read Skylab’s encyclopedia of portable amps. Figure out what you can afford and DO IT. You won’t regret it. I know that I’m looking forward to getting back out of “flatland.”

Thanks from “The Great Land”

Jul 18, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 14
Good impressions of the T2

Jul 18, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 14
When will my T2 arrive?!?!

by the way, nice choices in amps in headphones, I also chose move, t2, and um1s. OT, if you don't have the shure black foamies, you should definitely get them. Even more comfy than complys last longer, and easier to insert and remove.

Jul 18, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 14
I had almost the exact same thing happen to me with my nano and T-1. Let the batteries go dead and had to try the nano on its own for the first time in awhile. Flat is a good word. I actually just stopped listening altogether. I posted a thread back when I got my T-1 about how impressed I was by it. I got it to match with my nano and wasn't expecting much for the price/size and boy was I wrong.

Jul 19, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #8 of 14
Wholeheartedly agreed. Even my iAudio X5's phone out (widely perceived to be superior to iPod's) seized to impress me after I got use to 4G iMod+T1. IMO anyone using HDD based DAP should at least try line out with one of these ultra portable amp currently available. Weight and bulk are things of the past. The difference in SQ is huge and very well worth it.

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #9 of 14
Nano -> TurboDock -> Move -> UM2s = fabulous

I want to see how much a difference the ALO has over the turbodock...

Jul 19, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #10 of 14
It appears TURBO makes quality products and a number of people think highly of them.

I have to admit that the smaller ALO mini dock connector was VERY persuasive as my overall plan is to use the mini LOD with my Nano. Better size match.

If I wasn't going for the specifically small size I would strongly consider the Diabolous V8. What a COOL name!

Jul 19, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #13 of 14
Bought T2 the day I sold my T1
etysmile.gif

One thing I can tell is cellphone signal interference was eliminated in T2. That alone is the reason I ditched my T1.

Most comparisons say both effects are also improved. I did not use either on my T1 long enough to comment so, hope others can chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back