T2 problems, advice?
Jul 30, 2007 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rwest1389

500+ Head-Fier
Well I finally received my ibasso T2 today after about 3 weeks. Out of the box impressions: none. It doesn't work. I let it charge 3 hours and the red light was on, then turned off, meaning fully charged. So i get my ipod lineout, plug it in, plug in um1s, and... nothing. No sound. I tried both headphone outs (T2 also a splitter), the ipod headphone out instead of lineout, gain on both settings, everything I could think of apart from taking it apart (way too small, might void warranty).

After so much waiting, this is very disappointing. Has anyone else had this problem or have suggestions on things to try? I've emailed ibasso, but not response yet. Also, has anyone had any experience with ibasso customer service? If i have to send it back and they send a replacement, that will take over a month. They sent it in a very small box, so the ibasso black box's corners were crumpled. I wonder if the lack of padding could have broken it.

Ahh I hate waiting.

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 8
I have dealt with them and got fast service when I had a problem with a T1. I have the T2 with no problems. I guess you have tried the switches to make sure everything is on. Try to use it while it is plugged in and see if you get any sound. Do you get the green light with it on and off of the charger?

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 8
I have tried with it plugged in. The red light comes on when charging behind the "ibasso" but no blue light when on. Both lights on the charger go on. Even maxed volume on both ipod and ibasso, not even hiss.

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 8
The switch by the for the input by the "in" is pushed towards the left? Mine is a little hard to switch but works fine but you need to make sure it is all the way to the left when looking at the end of the amp.

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah I didn't know on was to the left, but I've tried both sides. When you switch it on, even if not plugged into an mp3 player, does the blue light come on by itself? Thanks for the suggestions so fare though

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I didn't know on was to the left, but I've tried both sides. When you switch it on, even if not plugged into an mp3 player, does the blue light come on by itself? Thanks for the suggestions so fare though

If it is charged and plugged into something or not the blue light will come on if the unit is charged. It will be read and blue when charging and on or just red if charging and off. So the light will not come on when you push the switch to the left? Also when you let it charge did the light ever turn from the red to blue or did it just stay red? You might want to leave it charging just to see if the battery needs more time but normally the 3 hours is all that is needed and even with a partial charge the light should turn to blue when the charger is not plugged in but the switch is on.

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #8 of 8
The red light turned on right when I plugged it in, was off when i check on it after 3 hours. I turned the switch hoping to see the blue, but none. Plugged into the wall or not, into the ipod or not, all possible settings, I've never seen the blue light come on or sound come out. I guess its just defective. Ill probably be sending it back, but thanks for the help. Did you have to pay for shipping when you sent your T1 in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back