T1 DT990 and the Aune x1 pro
Mar 12, 2015 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aiolos65

New Head-Fier
Before two months i bought the  Beyerdynamic DT 990 it was my first audiophile pair of headphone and i bought also the Aune x1 pro amp/dac.I was 100% satisfied.
And recently i was thinking how much better the T1 can sound the difference in price is huge they must sound much much better i watched some reviews and i decide to buy them.And today i got them !!!! once i plugged them to the amplifier i wasn't able to find any difference in sound stage!!! it was exactly the same and the overall experience was very similar.I am living in switzerland and i bought the Beyerdynamic T1 from a legit store not from internet

My question is this......Is this happening because of the amplifier?Do i need to buy a new amp?

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 2
Before two months i bought the  Beyerdynamic DT 990 it was my first audiophile pair of headphone and i bought also the Aune x1 pro amp/dac.I was 100% satisfied.
And recently i was thinking how much better the T1 can sound the difference in price is huge they must sound much much better i watched some reviews and i decide to buy them.And today i got them !!!! once i plugged them to the amplifier i wasn't able to find any difference in sound stage!!! it was exactly the same and the overall experience was very similar.I am living in switzerland and i bought the Beyerdynamic T1 from a legit store not from internet

My question is this......Is this happening because of the amplifier?Do i need to buy a new amp?

No; your amp is fine. If you experience little or no difference between those headphones, then you can be happy with the 990's and can get good money back from returning the T1's.

But first be sure you listen to a full range of types of music. Some genres and musical instruments expose headphone differences more than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back