T1, am I going bonkers?
Feb 28, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #46 of 50
If you're looking for an amp to improve the SQ, you're looking in the wrong place. If you want higher SQ, you might want consider improving your music files

You don't really get anything better than 44khz 16bit 1136kbps off CDs and 192khz 32bit 8356kbps off downloads - so I doubt there's anything to improve on that front.

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #49 of 50

Quote:
You don't really get anything better than 44khz 16bit 1136kbps off CDs and 192khz 32bit 8356kbps off downloads - so I doubt there's anything to improve on that front.

Hirez files don't really offer much more or anything at all. It's all in the mastering or remastering (and other aspects of the production process, .e.g recording, mixing, etc.) If you listen to popular music from decades ago, you'll find some CD issues better sounding than others. Most "remasters" suck - some are good though.

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #50 of 50

Quote:
Hirez files don't really offer much more or anything at all. It's all in the mastering or remastering (and other aspects of the production process, .e.g recording, mixing, etc.) If you listen to popular music from decades ago, you'll find some CD issues better sounding than others. Most "remasters" suck - some are good though.

Well...Thats sorta obvious, but we're getting off topic - though I'm not sure there really is any solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back