T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 12, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #1,712 of 2,595
Quote:
I received a new SLR camera today, I've only had it about 2 hours. But here's two shots I took of H-200.

(very new to me this fancy camera stuff and Rocco BA has gloss front which causes reflections)

Nice images! The reflections look good in that image. What's the camera?

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #1,713 of 2,595
Quote:
a few TRUE REAL TORTURE TESTS for your H200 if you wish 
L3000.gif
wink_face.gif

Seriously, those sounded good to me 
size]

And thanks for that 2nd one - that's a classic! I'm looking forward to watching/listening to the whole thing.

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #1,714 of 2,595
Quote:
They will get better, with some practice.
biggrin.gif

What (D)SLR?  What mode are you in BTW?  It'd actually serve a good purpose to learn how to use the full manual (if you don't already know how).  It's a worthwhile skill to have, if you have this skill you can literally pick up just about any camera and use it properly.  FYI, you're not the only one who got a new camera recently...  Feels so good not having to use my iPod to do pictures anymore :p 

^^This picture isn't actually used in my review, it's one of the toss outs XD ^^

Want more pictures?  You'll have to wait for the full review :p  I may retake a few (especially ones of the housings)...  Feels sad knowing that the best pictures I have are of the cables and ear-tips :p 

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #1,715 of 2,595
Quote:
YES! I love ELO! Not good for comparos tho... they get me confused coz there's too much going on! 
confused_face_2.gif
 LOL!

no no Noooooooooooo....... ELO is perfect torture test, just make sure you have quality recording of them. one of the craziest tests i run on gear and believe me this makes sellers pale...

another torture test for vocals is here: 

and couple my favorites torture for testing high-end front-end gear:

one of my most loved classics :)

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #1,716 of 2,595
Quote:

What (D)SLR?  What mode are you in BTW?  It'd actually serve a good purpose to learn how to use the full manual (if you don't already know how).  It's a worthwhile skill to have, if you have this skill you can literally pick up just about any camera and use it properly.  FYI, you're not the only one who got a new camera recently...  Feels so good not having to use my iPod to do pictures anymore :p 

^^This picture isn't actually used in my review, it's one of the toss outs XD ^^

Want more pictures?  You'll have to wait for the full review :p  I may retake a few (especially ones of the housings)...  Feels sad knowing that the best pictures I have are of the cables and ear-tips :p 

huh, DSLR you will also need macro lens, otherwise how else you achieve this shallow depth of field and a smooth bokeh? i have DSLR but never cared for true macro lens since i am not much into close ups... then once i had to take photos of IEM and i was suffering without macro lens because normal focal length would not be allow to do what i wanted, took big struggle and one hour time and still plenty images were thrown out of focus :frowning2:

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #1,717 of 2,595
no no Noooooooooooo....... ELO is perfect torture test, just make sure you have quality recording of them. one of the craziest tests i run on gear and believe me this makes sellers pale...

another torture test for vocals is here: 

and couple my favorites torture for testing high-end front-end gear:

one of my most loved classics :)

I agree with you that they are good torture tests. But I wouldn't use ELO to do comparisons between different cans, tips, amps, etc... Because they are so complex it'll be hard to pin point differences. For me at least... Lol!

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #1,718 of 2,595
Quote:

huh, DSLR you will also need macro lens, otherwise how else you achieve this shallow depth of field and a smooth bokeh? i have DSLR but never cared for true macro lens since i am not much into close ups... then once i had to take photos of IEM and i was suffering without macro lens because normal focal length would not be allow to do what i wanted, took big struggle and one hour time and still plenty images were thrown out of focus :frowning2:

The image above doesn't use a macro lens, or a DSLR (got a mirrorless).  I did recently get some new macro filters (+1, +2, +4, 10x).  May play a bit more with them.  Just FYI, you can still get a shallow field of depth and bokeh without a macro lens.  Lower aperture to the lowest to get the depth of field, the bokeh is the tricky one as you have to have that reflected light out of focus :p I may play around with the macro filters and retake some H-200 pics. 

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #1,719 of 2,595
dmarc0, that's why  from all IEMs i tried only 1+2 passed ELO test with some smaller reservations... all others failed 
tongue.gif

and i do not care for gear which does not do what i want it to do.

H200 does not pass ELO test but passes some other torture tests, that's why it stays with me.

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #1,720 of 2,595
dmarc0, that's why  from all IEMs i tried only 1+2 passed ELO test with some smaller reservations... all others failed :p

and i do not care for gear which does not do what i want it to do.

H200 does not pass ELO test but passes some other torture tests, that's why it stays with me.

Agree! Nice tracks btw... First time I've heard of those.

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #1,721 of 2,595
Quote:

The image above doesn't use a macro lens, or a DSLR (got a mirrorless).  I did recently get some new macro filters (+1, +2, +4, 10x).  May play a bit more with them.  Just FYI, you can still get a shallow field of depth and bokeh without a macro lens.  Lower aperture to the lowest to get the depth of field, the bokeh is the tricky one as you have to have that reflected light out of focus :p I may play around with the macro filters and retake some H-200 pics. 

and that feels in your image, because the bokeh gradation is so rough here. so for good close up there is no other way but a macro lens mate... believe me :-D

here's example of what i mean (photo from my web gallery):

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #1,722 of 2,595
It's actually a bridge camera which bridges the gap between point & shoot and SLR, offers some of the higher features of an SLR camera.

Fuji FinePix S2980

@~Tinyman, I'm just using the Macro setting atm for those close up shots, I'm going to read the full manual and learn some more, It's really different for me coming from a Nokia N95 camera phone (which was pretty good btw) The first few shots I took with the S2980 just exposed all the dust particles on the subject. I think it's a good investment though a nice camera, pays off to treat people with some good pics and rewarding.

Oh here's the dust particles. :rolleyes:

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #1,723 of 2,595
macr0, if you wish i can google youtube for more tracks that i use in testing and also listen, some are known and others are rarely heard :-D

btw, these two vocal songs from Ayub Ogada and Souad Massi are truly briliant vocal presentations, truly.... :-D

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #1,724 of 2,595
Quote:
It's actually a bridge camera which bridges the gap between point & shoot and SLR, offers some of the higher features of an SLR camera.

Fuji FinePix S2980

@~Tinyman, I'm just using the Macro setting atm for those close up shots, I'm going to read the full manual and learn some more, It's really different for me coming from a Nokia N95 camera phone (which was pretty good btw) The first few shots I took with the S928 just exposed all the dust particles on the subject. I think it's a good investment though a nice camera, pays off to treat people with some good pics and rewarding.

Oh here's the dust particles.
rolleyes.gif

It should still have a manual mode for you to use.  Do learn, if you're shooting a studio-esque/photoshoot style shot, you'll want this knowledge.  Automatic and smart modes (macro, portrait, fireworks, etc.) can be nice, but all can be replicated using manual if you know how (and improved too!).  As for the dust particle, it can easily be photoshoped out using a built in tool (spot healing brush will rid of that dust quickly).

That looks like a decent camera though.  You may want to invest in some filters though. 

Might also help to turn up the iso or lower the shutter speed a little (higher iso can induce noise though, slower shutter speed can create motion blur if you have an unsteady hand) in the picture I quoted.

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #1,725 of 2,595
ah cool, I want to check some of those songs out when I get my H-200s back.  I noticed Kate Bush's voice hits that 'shouty' spot pretty hard in this song:

I'll have to make a folder for these torture testers
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back