T-PEOS H-100 II Review and Impressions
Jun 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hasanyuceer

100+ Head-Fier
Nowadays, T-Peos renewed their H-100 entry level hybrid with H-100 II. They sent me one for introduction of this new IEM and I think this is an opportunity to review and tell about these to head-fi. I learned a lot from here and it is time for me to pay back.

I started to like hybrid IEMs with Tralucent 1plus2 and after then I tried to experience hybrid IEMs as much as possible. I can say that I mostly liked H200 and H300, therefore I was curious to try H-100 II.

As far as I know H-100 II will be the successor of H-100. Its price is 63 exc. shipping and right now it can be found on this link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/724360/t-peos-announce-releasing-h-100-ii-and-selling

It comes with a little box. Nothing fancy. Inside the box, there are three size of standart tips, a pair of foam tips, a  pouch and a shirt clip. Standart content for a under 100USD IEM.

BUILD

First of all, it has a microphone and controller on the cable. It may be fine for users who listens music on their smartphone. I tried on Samsung Galaxy S3 and it worked fine. Also I tried it at a few players and 4-pole jack worked without problem.

Its cable is a flat cable. I dont really find flat cables useful but H-100 II’s cable is very soft and not wide and this makes it easy to wrap and use. Other than, it is on black on side and red on the other. I didnt hear any microphonics, nothing to worry about that.

Its jack is sturdy looking 3.5mm L type and has Y type cable. This cable hasnt got a clamp after Y split so it is impossible to tight it around your head.

Earpieces are all metal like all T-Peos IEMs. Looks trustable. Also it is better looking than its successor without colorful rings around. H-100 was looking a little childish I think.
I liked the build of H-100 II. It feels it will last long.

FIT, COMFORT and ISOLATION

Being the smallest of T-Peos Hybrid IEMs, H-100 II fits very well. I dont find H-200 and H-300 fit good but H-100 II is easy to get good seal. Also it can be used down the ear, it is more comfortable that way. There is nothing to criticize about this subject.

About isolation, I can say it is regular. It isolates like Sennheiser CX series or Audio Technica CKS, CKM series. Nothing much, nothing less.

SOUND

As all dynamic driver headphones and earphones, H100 II also needs burning in. When it first arrived, it was too bright and shimmering. After some burn in (about 100 hours or so) I started to listen.

First of all I want to say that this is an under 100USD hybrid IEM so please expect nothing much. (However H-100 II does much)

General sound signature of H-100 II is analytical to bright. Clear midrange with little less bass and bright trebles. Its sound signature is like PFE122 group.

Bass is little less as I said. Mostly you can say it is there but it would be better if it is a little more. It is tight and warm and tonally right. I think bass is very good besides the quantity. I cant really criticize this section.

Like other T-Peos hybrids, H-100 II is also a little tonally bright and maybe a little dry. I mostly dont like tonally wrong IEMs but H-100 II is not totally wrong so I easily got used to it. Besides this problem, mids are extremely clear. It is really transparent. It is mostly very smooth but sometimes this smoothness makes the instruments (like saxophone or trumpet) a little unreal.

Actually trebles are the real reason of tonal problem. Trebles are bright and forward. This makes upper mids and female vocals a little irritating sometimes.  Anyway, about trebles I cant say they are piercing or something but they are forward, fast, clear.

Serious success of H-100 II is soundstage, imaging and instrument seperation. With its somewhat bright character, it presents incredible imaging. Soundstage is really wide and almost all instruments are noticable on most songs. These with transparent midrange make H-100 II very technically good IEM.

To sum up the sound section;
Positive sides of H-100 II are; a little less but good bass, very transparent midrange, fast trebles, incredible soundstage and instrument seperation
Negative sides of it are; tonally wrong/coloured midrange, bright trebles

CONCLUSION

Like our all gear, of course H-100 II is criticisable but if I think about its price, I can easily say it is really good. If you like technical IEMs or you are into soundstage / instrument seperation, this is the under 100USD IEM for you. I will definitely recommend it.

Technical Specs
- 2 way hybrid earphone
- Balanced amateur (Knowles WBFK) unit with dynamic driver
- 8mm dynamic unit producing magnificent and strong tone
- Impedence: 32Ω / 1kHz
- Sensitivity: 102dB / 1kHz
- Power: 100mW(Max.)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20 kHz
- Connector: 3.5mm /  4 pole / 24k gold pating plug
- Micro-groove flat cable 1.2M
- 24g (0.85 oz)     

Thanks to jony00 -- More photos from him

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #2 of 4
T-PEOS is selling H-100 II here on Head-Fi for $83 (product: $63, shipping fee by EMS : $20) at this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724360/t-peos-announce-releasing-h-100-ii-and-selling

Jul 4, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #3 of 4
Jul 5, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 4
http://www.head-fi.org/t/725657/review-t-peos-h-100-ii-fun-forward-mids-with-terrific-bass

My Review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back