T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
Jan 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #1,157 of 1,259

H2O:

I know the picture stinks.  My old galaxy phone has a crappy camera with no adjustments.  Sorry

I will have to gice them a try.  I monkeyed around with blue tak and Wick ear plugs today, was following some threads about trying that.  Anyway I ended up yanking the kiwi foams out of my Vmoda Bliss tips
and using the wicks foam ear plugs to make cores.   What an incredible pain in the but.   Blue tak is great but hard to keep the same on each insertion.  Gave up on it. 

A lot of work.   Had to punch holes in the plugs and then open them up with a pen barrel and force them onto the vmoda post and then work them onto the H-100'a.  Results are worth it.  They seal better, feel better.  I am less aware they are in my ears.  Bass has more pace, more snap, slightly more tone and detail as well.  Soundstage is bigger and more layered and defined.  Sibilance is pretty much gone.  Brightness esentially non-existent.  Everything has more of a sense of ease and relaxation even though dynamics are subtley better. I will order those silicones you mentioned just to see.  But I am very happy with the results.

Just waiting now for Neco to get his PC boards in.

Happy listening

jgwtriode

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #1,158 of 1,259
Hey dude, I remember doing this with my CX300ii. I ended up buying a hole punch and earplugs from my local chemist doing the same operation, it's rather rewarding! Very nice work, a hole punch was the best item I found for making holes dead centre on the earplug foam. Makes life a lot easier. Are you getting any driver flex with that set up?

Here's where I got my hole punch, 2.5mm if I recall.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIY-Leathercraft-Metal-Punch-Hole-Hollow-Tool-2mm-2-5mm-3mm-4mm-5mm-7mm-8mm-9mm-/281045164941?pt=UK_Crafts_Leathercraft_LE&var&hash=item416f98e38d&_uhb=1#ht_2247wt_1178

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #1,159 of 1,259
Thanks Flysweep:

Any thought on using the OPA 637 instead of the AD 8610.

Did you compare the V 3 with anything else?

Happy Listening

jgwtriode

I haven't heard the OPA627.. but have read quite a bit about it.  Seems it possesses a generally warmer, bass/mid centric tone with treble smoothed off.  DAC implementations are always a bit tough to gauge cause the distinction in sound can be quite subtle.  Also, everything else in an amp (i.e. implementation) is just as, if not more, important than just the opamp used.

I think the AD8610 is the best fit for the V3.  It'll give you a bit of that smooth, warm sound that the 627 is said to possess.. but will also get excellent transparency & neutrality.  IME, the V3/AD8610 was very transparent.. but had a subtle tinge of flavor.. not unlike the Burson HA160.

I had the O2 on hand when I had the V3.. and both were really quite terrific.  I liked both very much.. I thought the V3 was slightly more engaging and snappy... but on the whole, they're both quite comparable in terms of performance.

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #1,160 of 1,259
H2O:

Thanks!

Is driverflex when I am putting them in my ears and I hear a sort of crackle pop in my ears?
If that is the case then I have been getting a little no matter what I used for eartips. Is there a way
to avoid this. My holes aren't perfect but they are pretty close.  But I will grab a punch and remake just
to see if it comes out cleaner.

It really is amazing how much playing with tips has improve my H 100's.

Happy Listening

jgwtriode

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #1,161 of 1,259
Flysweep:

Thanks for that:

Okay I will go for the 8610.  And after I play with it do some rolling with 627.  I believe the gain is to low to use a 637 after
doing some research on the subject.

Have you listened to the H 100's with an Odac and Neco V3 in front of them.  My source is a QLS QA 350.

Happy listening
jgwtriode

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #1,163 of 1,259
hmph. Pulled them out of their case today after a few days of disuse [playing with other IEMs] there is no sound out of the right earpiece (when connected to two sources). So either the right earpiece failed or maybe the cable strain relief near the plug gave up. [the multimeter shows inf on that channel to ground, and a reading on ground to left]
don't really know what to think - the death was sudden and with no warning :\ . and just yesterday i was thinking to myself that the IEMs themselves looked rather polished

pity. it'll probably cost me $40 to ship them back to KR, and overall I'd like something with more 1-2khz mids [ been playing with various acrylic DD + BA hybrids and whatever T-PEOS about 'golden ears reference' doesn't really stack up if you play with more mids forward IEMs. Granted, back when I was listening to H-100 you accommodate to the sound after a while, but I suspect you can accommodate to rather unpleasant sound signatures overall. I guess that's why they're making H-200 :D ]

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #1,164 of 1,259
hmph. Pulled them out of their case today after a few days of disuse [playing with other IEMs] there is no sound out of the right earpiece (when connected to two sources). So either the right earpiece failed or maybe the cable strain relief near the plug gave up. [the multimeter shows inf on that channel to ground, and a reading on ground to left]
don't really know what to think - the death was sudden and with no warning :\ . and just yesterday i was thinking to myself that the IEMs themselves looked rather polished

pity. it'll probably cost me $40 to ship them back to KR, and overall I'd like something with more 1-2khz mids [ been playing with various acrylic DD + BA hybrids and whatever T-PEOS about 'golden ears reference' doesn't really stack up if you play with more mids forward IEMs. Granted, back when I was listening to H-100 you accommodate to the sound after a while, but I suspect you can accommodate to rather unpleasant sound signatures overall. I guess that's why they're making H-200 :D ]

When I sent mine back to Korea it cost me around $13.80 AUS just regular airmail. That was to the ebay seller but same country as Shinwoo, so it's probably worth a checking out if you're interested in a replacement.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #1,166 of 1,259
Okay it dawns on me duh....How do I run a line out from my qa 350 to an odac and power it as well? I have spdif, 3.5mm and mini optical digital out.

Is this unsolvable and would it require a different dac?

jgwtriode

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #1,167 of 1,259
Argh......the strain relief on the left side failed on my H- 100 and so the cable is making intermittent contact.

I have contacted BTG about rewiring my earbuds. Figure if their going in to open it up I might as well try

and go silver wire. In the meantime I'm limping along with a floral wire and electrical tape holding it

a spot that maintains a connection had to cinch it done. Looks weird but it works while I'm waiting.

Can't stand not listening to these especially since my Neco V3 amp is on the way.

Happy listening...even when adversity strikes.

jgwtriode

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #1,168 of 1,259
So i got the H-100RG's a couple months ago. September-ish?
They're great. They were my first pair of earbuds that i bought after researching on this site..i kind of jumped the gun.

I was expected to be somewhat blown away by the quality as it seemed to have alot of raving fans over it. I read alot of the thread about it originally and am impressed by these buds.
The highs were really bright--a little too bright for my taste.
The bass wasnt as booming as i expected.
Overall they were wonderful (im not an audiophile and am still very new to all of this)

Now to get to the reason why i posted on this thread.

Would an amp improve the bass, by any chance? If so, any recommendations? Preferably nothing too expensive? <100$ or something
And/or would tips be beneficial? Like comply t-500 foam tips? 

The stock tips get a bit uncomfortable at times and tear easily..

PS. i am trying to research for some good bass heavy iems as to replace my h-100s. unless i could improve the bass somehow.
I do get great bass when i plug these buds into my PC. (i have bass booster on, on my pc which helps incredibly) 
I REALLY dont like using the EQ on my ipod...i just feel like it takes too much away from it all...

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #1,169 of 1,259
Quote:

Would an amp improve the bass, by any chance? If so, any recommendations? Preferably nothing too expensive? <100$ or something
And/or would tips be beneficial? Like comply t-500 foam tips? 

The stock tips get a bit uncomfortable at times and tear easily..

PS. i am trying to research for some good bass heavy iems as to replace my h-100s. unless i could improve the bass somehow.
I do get great bass when i plug these buds into my PC. (i have bass booster on, on my pc which helps incredibly) 
I REALLY dont like using the EQ on my ipod...i just feel like it takes too much away from it all...

I don't believe an amp will improve the bass...and I'm guessing that "improving" means that you want is more bass.

These IEMs respond well to amping, yet the bass quantity will remain the same.  You should try a Fiio, which come with a bass boost feature.  I also hate to use EQ, but I sometimes use the bass boost of my little Fiio since it is implemented very well.   If you are happy with the bass boost on your PC, I'm sure you will enjoy the Fiio with your ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back