[ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly
Jul 21, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #106 of 257
Can anyone translate?

Let me give it a shot:

"Hi,

We apologize for not letting you know that we tweaked/improved the Altone200s after receiving the feedback from the beta testers.

Thank you,
Sunggoo kwon"

Well that's what I wanted it to say
biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #107 of 257
Can anyone translate?

They didn't change the final retail units following the review samples being sent out.  Why - because the beta testing with H20 Fidelity resulted in a sound sig that (IMO) didn't need further changing.  Again - my review here : http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-altone200/reviews/11304

This has been the best IEM I've reviewed this year (SQ, form factor, value).  So good (to my tastes) that I voluntarily paid for the unit.

Now I can understand a few people getting 'antsy' about shipping times - but trust me, it's worth the wait.  Patience is after all .... a virtue.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #108 of 257

They didn't change the final retail units following the review samples being sent out.  Why - because the beta testing with H20 Fidelity resulted in a sound sig that (IMO) didn't need further changing.  Again - my review here : http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-altone200/reviews/11304

This has been the best IEM I've reviewed this year (SQ, form factor, value).  So good (to my tastes) that I voluntarily paid for the unit.

Now I can understand a few people getting 'antsy' about shipping times - but trust me, it's worth the wait.  Patience is after all .... a virtue.

I must say I took Altone200 out today with me for the first time simply with Sansa Clip.

Usually I'd take a basic earphone or something cheap leaving my good gear at home (I know it defeats the purpose of 'portable audio') Anyway, taking the Altone outdoors was like living in a different world to what I'm used too, so much fun.

It was like having a hi-end hifi system on the go, time absolutely flew by.

Like Brooko said, hang in there a little longer gents (and ladies), it'll be worth it. 

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #109 of 257
The Altone 200 is my new favourite for outdoor portable use.
It's light, looks nice, seems durable, and most importantly sounds REALLY good!

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #110 of 257
  The Altone 200 is my new favourite for outdoor portable use.
It's light, looks nice, seems durable, and most importantly sounds REALLY good!

You cannot help but grin watching people wear apple earpods while listening to Altone. 
biggrin.gif
 *or those beats cough cough headphones*

At one stage I think I might have the "bestest" on the go sound of many people around me!

Only thing one needs worry about is uncontrollably busting out dancing while many people stare at you. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #111 of 257
Let me give it a shot:

"Hi,

We apologize for not letting you know that we tweaked/improved the Altone200s after receiving the feedback from the beta testers.

Thank you,
Sunggoo kwon"

Well that's what I wanted it to say :D  

lol.:wink:

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #113 of 257
Sure, he's saying the pre-order ones are exactly what the closed closed pre-order ones are.  No changes from the $105.00 ones to the $125.00 ones .  Though I'd swear I read something by H2O saying there were some changes (colors on barrels or...?).  

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #114 of 257
  Sure, he's saying the pre-order ones are exactly what the closed closed pre-order ones are.  No changes from the $105.00 ones to the $125.00 ones .  Though I'd swear I read something by H2O saying there were some changes (colors on barrels or...?).  

There might be some confusion between the prototype version I have and final retail version which in short has a different outside appearance.

Either way between my Altone200 and any of yours, the sound is 'unchanged'. Only outside characteristics such as packaging, accessories, paint work. etc.

Edit:

BTW: One of the members received theirs today, you can see exactly what it will look like.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724546/t-peos-altone200-3-way-hybrid-introduction-impressions-high-end-sound-cheap-as-chips/225#post_10729882

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #115 of 257
So there were changes between the production runs, which, my point, might have slowed things down.  That's all I was saying.

Edit- Checked out the pics, the packaging and accessories look great, especially for a "bargain-priced" unit that's "cheap as chips."  

I especially like the logo on the package, "hit on the sound."

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #116 of 257
  So there were changes between the production runs, which, my point, might have slowed things down.  That's all I was saying.

No, I don't think so. When I received mine there weren't "any others" or at least very little to my knowledge, ''no mass production'.

What you're seeing IS the mass production. Hope that clears things up.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #117 of 257
So you had "the one," and the rest of us will get a slightly different one? 
dt880smile.png

Guess we'll be seeing your "original" on eBay in 20 years offered up for sals for thousands of dollars.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #118 of 257

Hmm Well, my rolling eyes were to highlight the SS not the cosmetics bet. the beta and retail....:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back