T-Peos Altone 250 Dual Hybrid IEM - Canada Tour - Application and Impressions
Jul 10, 2015 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

hakushondaimao

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been given the go-ahead by @EmpJ of CTC Audio to organize a Canadian tour of the Altone 250. Initially, 5-10 participants will be chosen for the tour. You will not be required to write a formal review of the Altone 250 (though that is an option), but it is hoped that you will provide impressions on this thread.

If you are a 100+ Head-Fi'er or higher, and would like a chance to try out the Altone 250, please reply to this thread with the following:

- Your location (city and province): 
- IEMs you own: 
- Music sources (DAPs, phones, amps) you own:
- A link to ONE review you've done (if any):

Also please state your agreement to the terms and conditions of the tour, which appear in Post #2 of this thread.

Jul 10, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 11
Tour rules/conditions:
  • Tour participants will be able to keep the Altones for 6 nights, and will forward them to the next participant on the 7th day after receiving them (so if you receive them on a Tuesday, you ship them out the following Tuesday).
  • ​The Altones will be shipped with the original box and accessories. Please do not lose accessories (cables, tips, etc.), and please wipe down the IEMs and tips (whichever you use) with an alcohol swab before packing them up for shipping.
  • The Altone package should be shipped in a sturdy box, with some kind of protective padding. You can use the packaging the Altones arrive in, as long as it is still fit for purpose.
  • If you're in the same city as the next participant you can meet to do a handover in person if you like. Please pass on the packaging as well.
  • When you receive the Altones, please post on this thread that they are in your possession.
  • If you are the next person on the tour, please PM your contact details to the person before you as soon as you see they've received the Altones (that way they have your info well ahead of having to ship them to you when it's your turn). This will help avoid unreasonable delays and keep the tour chugging along nicely.
  • When your week is over, please ship the Altones to the next participant WITH TRACKING. When you send them, please PM the recipient and me with the tracking number and estimated delivery date.
  • If you would like to post a review, have at it and post a link on this thread. If you don't wish to do a formal review, that's fine; some impressions on this thread would be welcome though.
  • The last person on the tour will ship the Altones back to me, unless further tour participants are added.

Jul 10, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #3 of 11
Space reserved for links to reviews/impressions.

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 11
Interested here

Surrey, BC
-JVC FXT90, Macaw GT100s, Monster Yao Solar, Monster Gratitude, ADDIEMs, LG HS-700, Bette Hybrid, Klipsch X7 Reference
-Nexus 5, Sansa Clip Zip (Rockboxed), Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H (Realtek AL1150 codec with 300ohm amplifier), Fiio E06, Fiio E10k
-http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-bette-hybrid-review-by-jekostas-pg-1972/29565#post_11752625

I agree with the terms and conditions as posted.

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #5 of 11
 Your location (city and province): 
- IEMs you own: 
- Music sources (DAPs, phones, amps) you own:
- A link to ONE review you've done (if any):

Also please state your agreement to the terms and conditions of the tour, which appear in Post #2 of this thread.

Looks promising!

IEMS I own, oh my.... :
Alpha & Delta AD01
Phonak Audeo Pfe 012 (with all filters, green, black and gray)
VSONIC VSD5
Audio Technica IM70
Xiaomi Piston 3
Dunu Titan 1
Apple Earpod (Borrowed from friend)
JVC FXT90 (borrowed from friend)
TTPOD T2
Brainwavz M1
TTPOD T1E
RHA MA600i
Brainwavz S0
Brainwavz M1
Brainwavz R3
Sennheiser CX 5.00G
Sennheiser CX 3.00
Brainwavz S5
VSONIC VSD3S
HAVI B3 Pro 1
Hifiman RE 400
VSONIC GR07 BE
Monster Turbines
JVC FRD/ FXD 80
Philips SHE3590
Monoprice 8319 (gave away)
Monoprice 8323(broke twice)
Monoprice 8320 (broke)
Klipsch s4i(sold)
Ipod earbuds (broke)

Media player- Ipod touch 4th Gen, Samsung Galaxy S3 (I like to travel light!)

Review(s): my most recent one so far: as of July 11,2015 (http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/13302)
The rest of my reviews are here if anyone is interested
http://www.head-fi.org/users/341207/reviews

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #6 of 11
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #10 of 11
So, looks like we have a two-person tour, so we'll start with that. If there's any other interest, we can add people as we go.

For now we'll start with @jekostas and then go cross-country to @Tom22. Will PM the two of you with logistics info and to request shipping details.

For anyone who happens by and is interested in joining up with the tour, we'd be happy to have you.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #11 of 11
  So, looks like we have a two-person tour, so we'll start with that. If there's any other interest, we can add people as we go.

For now we'll start with @jekostas and then go cross-country to @Tom22. Will PM the two of you with logistics info and to request shipping details.

For anyone who happens by and is interested in joining up with the tour, we'd be happy to have you.

sounds great!! the more the merrier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back