T-Amp with Stax SRD-7
Jan 24, 2006 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

a1rocketpilot

500+ Head-Fier
I ran across a pair of Stax Lambda Pro's on eBay today and they come packaged with the SRD-7 Pro. From what I make of it, this is basically just a device that allows you to play through speakers or the electrostatics and it accepts inputs from an existing amp. So I was wondering, would a T-Amp work well with this setup? 10 watts should be way more than sufficient for the Stax, right?

Jan 24, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 7
A $30 amp powering the Orpheus and sounding good, that's all I needed to hear. Thanks Salt Peanuts!

Jan 27, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/t-amp_morsiani_e.html

he likes it and it's what I'm gonna use.

Well, I am new to this forum, but I joined in because I bought myself the Stax Lambda (not the Pro) and the SRD-7 via Ebay. I already am an owner of an TA-2020 evaluation board. It's even a better chip then the highly appreciated TA-2024 thats is used in the T-Amp. I combined them yesterday evening and the result was brilliant. It makes me wonder how a pair of Pros will sound with this combination. Even better I think...

Jan 27, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 7
Welcome and congrats on the great sound! So when are you getting the pro's? J/K LOL.

I have a 2020 eval board too but it's wired up to a ASL headphone transformer with crossfeed circuit so I can't use that one with the Stax's but I may get the Super T-Amp as a secondary amp rather than the standard SI amp.

I haven't heard the standard Lambdas but I imagine the Pro's will be more detailed, refined and have better bass. Since my Stax 404/313 warmed up and charged fully their sound has been astoundingly delicious. I think my headphone searching is finally over (
rolleyes.gif
) as the only way to go from here costs more clams than I can ever realstically get away with considering my other half is still in shock fom this set of purchases.
icon10.gif

I've always known I was a 'stat person and these are so far above everything else I've ever had it's not even funny. The Senn 580's sound decidedly low rent in comparisom.

I love these to bits
lambda.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
Welcome and congrats on the great sound! So when are you getting the pro's? J/K LOL.

I have a 2020 eval board too but it's wired up to a ASL headphone transformer with crossfeed circuit so I can't use that one with the Stax's but I may get the Super T-Amp as a secondary amp rather than the standard SI amp.

I haven't heard the standard Lambdas but I imagine the Pro's will be more detailed, refined and have better bass. Since my Stax 404/313 warmed up and charged fully their sound has been astoundingly delicious. I think my headphone searching is finally over (
rolleyes.gif
) as the only way to go from here costs more clams than I can ever realstically get away with considering my other half is still in shock fom this set of purchases.
icon10.gif

I've always known I was a 'stat person and these are so far above everything else I've ever had it's not even funny. The Senn 580's sound decidedly low rent in comparisom.

I love these to bits
lambda.gif

Well, now I also know for sure I am a Stax lover. One of these days (or a bit later
tongue.gif
) I will try to get a Lambda Pro and maybe a nice Stax amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back