t-amp on floats
Feb 29, 2008 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bjarnetv

500+ Head-Fier
i need a cheap amp for a pair of jecklin floats, as a temporary solution since i can´t bring my current speaker amp to school
biggrin.gif

will a t-amp be enough, or will it ruin my life for ever?

Feb 29, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarnetv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i need a cheap amp for a pair of jecklin floats, as a temporary solution since i can´t bring my current speaker amp to school
biggrin.gif

will a t-amp be enough, or will it ruin my life for ever?

The T-amp is a good cheap design that should work ok for the price. AFAIK the Jecklin adapters don't share a ground so they are suitable for use with switching amps. The sound should be good for the price but will be even better if you use a good power supply.

Feb 29, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 4
When I got my Stax SR-5, I didn't have a speaker amp, so I bought at Super T. It sounded pretty good, but not as good as the NAD integrated amp I got latter. I just ordered the SI Version 2 T amp from Parts Express for $50. It comes with a headphone jack. I'm very interested in hearing how it drives some of my headphones.

Edit: It also come with a power supply.

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 4
sounds like i´ll end up with a v2 t-amp then, though not from parts express, since they wanted $64 in shipping!

i dont expect too much from it, but just beeing able to use the floats while im away from thule amp will be enough for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back