T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Jul 26, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #3,016 of 3,204
fair enough I am quoting US prices

Jul 27, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #3,017 of 3,204
Woohooo!

Just received a parcel from my preferred dealer :)

When I placed the order I opted for XLR & 4.4 Pentaconn cables.
The 4.4 cable was added by T+A, and the box included a 6.3 and XLR, so now I have all 3 connectors / options.

I also have a Wywires RED cable with 4.4, that I purchased from nrbatista, on the way, that I will be using for my desktop setup.

T+A Solitaire P 1.jpeg T+A Solitaire P 3.jpegT+A Solitaire P 4.jpeg T+A Solitaire P 6.jpeg
T+A Solitaire P 7.jpeg

Jul 27, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #3,018 of 3,204
Woohooo!

Just received a parcel from my preferred dealer :)

When I placed the order I opted for XLR & 4.4 Pentaconn cables.
The 4.4 cable was added by T+A, and the box included a 6.3 and XLR, so now I have all 3 connectors / options.

I also have a Wywires RED cable with 4.4, that I purchased from nrbatista, on the way, that I will be using for my desktop setup.

T+A Solitaire P 1.jpeg T+A Solitaire P 3.jpegT+A Solitaire P 4.jpeg T+A Solitaire P 6.jpeg
T+A Solitaire P 7.jpeg
Enjoy, certainly one of the best headphones money can buy!

Jul 27, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #3,019 of 3,204
Enjoy, certainly one of the best headphones money can buy!
Thanks Thanatos!

I have been listening to them for the past couple of hours and really like what I am hearing!

Jul 28, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #3,021 of 3,204
Any further impressions? Hope you are liking them!
I think I'm in love 😀

The second I picked up the Solitaire P from the box, the quality and the effort that have gone into making these headphones really shine through.

I was immediately impressed by the bass and the level of detail - A rich and full sound. I love it!
So far, I've only been using them with my Sennheiser HDV 820 amp, but I plan to test them with my NAIM Uniti Atom HE a bit later on today.

The only thing I need to get accustomed to is the relatively narrow headband on the Solitaire P.
Being used to a Sennheiser 800 S and 820 which fit perfectly on my round head, the top of the Solitaire headband doesn't fully rest on my head, hence the primary weight is on each side of the headband. I've been applying light pressure to the headband and, reading through previous posts, I think it will adjust itself a bit once the headphones are broken in 🙂

Now I'm off to pick up yet another headphone stand 🙈

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #3,022 of 3,204
Just picked up a stand for the Solitaire P :relaxed:

ROOM’s Audio Line FS Pro - 1,5 kg. steel base with adjustable height.

Rooms Audio Line FS Pro 1.jpeg Rooms Audio Line FS Pro 2.jpeg Rooms Audio Line FS Pro 3.jpeg Rooms Audio Line FS Pro 4.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #3,023 of 3,204
I think I'm in love 😀

The second I picked up the Solitaire P from the box, the quality and the effort that have gone into making these headphones really shine through.

I was immediately impressed by the bass and the level of detail - A rich and full sound. I love it!
So far, I've only been using them with my Sennheiser HDV 820 amp, but I plan to test them with my NAIM Uniti Atom HE a bit later on today.

The only thing I need to get accustomed to is the relatively narrow headband on the Solitaire P.
Being used to a Sennheiser 800 S and 820 which fit perfectly on my round head, the top of the Solitaire headband doesn't fully rest on my head, hence the primary weight is on each side of the headband. I've been applying light pressure to the headband and, reading through previous posts, I think it will adjust itself a bit once the headphones are broken in 🙂

Now I'm off to pick up yet another headphone stand 🙈
Looking forward to reading your continued thoughts on the Solitaire P.

Jul 29, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #3,024 of 3,204
Just picked up a stand for the Solitaire P :relaxed:

ROOM’s Audio Line FS Pro - 1,5 kg. steel base with adjustable height.

Rooms Audio Line FS Pro 1.jpeg Rooms Audio Line FS Pro 2.jpeg Rooms Audio Line FS Pro 3.jpeg Rooms Audio Line FS Pro 4.jpeg

Is the headband here new and standard now? I had a 1-2 week in home demo of the Soli-P and I don't remember the headband being that substantial. I know some complained at one point, but it was just fine for me. I never shared a lot of thoughts on the Soli P, but I truly enjoyed it. Was a bit darker, but still resolving, and very foot tap worthy across the board. Very enjoyable.

Jul 30, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #3,025 of 3,204
Is the headband here new and standard now? I had a 1-2 week in home demo of the Soli-P and I don't remember the headband being that substantial.
Without being any kind of expert in the field, I presume that is the case.The headphones are brand new and came directly from T+A, as the dealer had no more in stock.

Yes, it is certainly relatively large - Unfortunately, the fit isn't the best match for my head, but with some adjustment and getting used to, I'm hoping that it will get better :relaxed:

Jul 30, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #3,026 of 3,204
headband looks about the same as mine. looks like the narrow headband variant on the Rooms stand. the SolP doesn't sit as well on my wide band variant.

Jul 30, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #3,027 of 3,204
headband looks about the same as mine. looks like the narrow headband variant on the Rooms stand. the SolP doesn't sit as well on my wide band variant.
You're absolutely right - It's the Room's variant with the narrowest holder. It's actually also the same version I have for my HD 820 and HD 800 S, where I also think it fits nicely - There's just a little more air on the sides, where the Solitaire P follows the curve very closely.

Sennheiser HD 820 on Rooms stand.jpeg T+A Solitaire P on the Rooms stand.jpeg

Just to be completely sure - There's only one size headband for the Solitaire P, right?

Jul 30, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #3,028 of 3,204
You're absolutely right - It's the Room's variant with the narrowest holder. It's actually also the same version I have for my HD 820 and HD 800 S, where I also think it fits nicely - There's just a little more air on the sides, where the Solitaire P follows the curve very closely.

Sennheiser HD 820 on Rooms stand.jpeg T+A Solitaire P on the Rooms stand.jpeg

Just to be completely sure - There's only one size headband for the Solitaire P, right?

Yep just one headband size. thankfully it sits perfectly on my head. no hotpots.

treat your solP to a nice silver cable! I'm using AC Aeris with mine.

Jul 30, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #3,029 of 3,204
Yep just one headband size. thankfully it sits perfectly on my head. no hotpots.
Thanks, I thought that was the case - I just wanted to be completely sure.
I've adjusted mine a couple of clicks this morning and I already feel it's getting better, so that's good.
treat your solP to a nice silver cable! I'm using AC Aeris with mine.
Yes, I've seen several mention it as a good upgrade for the Solitaire P - I think I'll give it a try at some point.
For the time being, I just want to get to know them as they are out of the box. I also have a 1.5 meter Wywires RED cable with 4.4 Pentaconn on the way.
A high-end silver cable has been added to my wish list :)

Aug 2, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #3,030 of 3,204
the Ca1a at usd1.5k (b stock runs) are even more appealing.

although to me, the SolP does offer a more refined presentation and cleaner more detailed bass. there is better separation and airiness than the Raal, and it also sounds more "expansive" and provides a better sense of the room/venue and its confines.

SolP imo is one of the all time greats. agree, at USA retail price the appeal is not as good as other totl hps, but they can be easily gotten for much less from Europe. it still features heavily for my listening and has the most headtime too.

Some thoughts from owning them:
- might benefit from a v2, changing up the headband shape and also strengthening the slider mechanism (heavy cups causing occasional droop)
- at the price, would be nice to include both sets of pads in the box.
- sounds a lot better with a good silver cable. opens up the top end and makes voices sing.
- maybe a 3rd pad variant with less perforations than the ultra wide pads for a more in between sound
- technically better than my Utopia 22 but at the same time somewhat less engaging. I use the SolP end of day when I just need to recline and relax.
- system dependent; have read various accounts of lack of bass/sub bass, but thankfully I have not encountered this with my wa33, speaker amp pre/power combos, or ferrum stack. occasionally outclasses the abyss in low end.
actually i find the solp quite engaging for me, also with monstrous sub bass with the ha200. On the other hand, i'm mostly anticipating sessions with the solp, while my caldera sounds really boring to me now.

Yea but for the pricing, would be nice to include more stuff in the retail package

Users who are viewing this thread

Back