T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Apr 7, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #2,941 of 3,199
I use the Pathos InPol Ear hybrid class A amp and they sound fantastic!

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Apr 8, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #2,942 of 3,199
The McIntosh MHA200 sounds nice with the SoliP, but it is on the upper power limit to drive it.
Feliks Audio Envy is also nice, but I do not know if it falls in the 'not too big' category for you.
seems like its a little big for the amount of space I have, which is a constraint unfortunately, lower ended feliks stuff seems interesting though, shall research a bit more there

May 5, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #2,943 of 3,199
Thanks to the excellence of @ThanatosVI I've joined the Solitaire P club. These headphones are fantastic. I love their tuning. Near perfect for my tastes. I know, new toy and all that, but I feel like I've landed my end-game. (Well, as far as that goes for us audiophiles/audiophools). Just wow. Bravo T+A!

May 5, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #2,944 of 3,199
Thanks to the excellence of @ThanatosVI I've joined the Solitaire P club. These headphones are fantastic. I love their tuning. Near perfect for my tastes. I know, new toy and all that, but I feel like I've landed my end-game. (Well, as far as that goes for us audiophiles/audiophools). Just wow. Bravo T+A!
Enjoy, knowing that they are in a good home now makes me happy

May 5, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #2,945 of 3,199

was just checking out your gear, and u have a lot of other nice headphones and a nice assortment of amps! congrats on the t+a! knowing ThanatosVI, I'm sure the SolP is in great condition. agree on the tuning; loved it from the get go and still enjoying it now.

May 5, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #2,946 of 3,199
Only do that if you are really just not happy enough with the HA200 as it is a very neat all in one solution imo and you can end up on a never ending treadmill of upgraditis if not careful - but you probably already know that. 😉 I tried HA200 out a year ago and rejected it, not because it wasn’t a nice solution but a) it could not drive Susvara and b) I had 3 other DAC’s that I preferred to use and did not want to pay for a DAC that I didn’t need.

Interestingly enough, I tried SolP out at the same time and also rejected those. They were interesting, but had a weird EQ that I could not adjust to and they seemed somewhat dull and restrained. A while back, I came across a pair brand new at a very good deal and I found that they sounded totally different and I really liked them, so I bought them. I don’t know if they made changes or if there was a problem with the demo pair that I tried first time around, but I am pleased anyway because they have cost me a lot less.

In fact, SolP are getting the most use out of all my phones lately - they sound great, are very forgiving of different music, they tame down some recordings that can be a bit harsh and wearing and they are the easiest pair to match with the source gear that I have - it is hard to get a bad sound from them. I find that they sound great straight out the headphone output of my Weiss DAC 501 and also my T+A SDV 3100 HV, though I much prefer the 501 for SolP and I prefer the SDV 4.4mm balanced output with Utopia which is another great match. So a headphone amp is definitely not always necessary and I really don’t feel a real need for one with SolP or Utopia. Abyss 1266 though is much better with an amp and Susvara is only average at best without one, so horses for courses.

I had the T+A SDV 3100HV a couple of years ago, but due to Covid ( I work in the events industry, concert touring to be specific, which came to a screeching halt very early on in the Pandemic) and the lock down, had to sell my whole system :sob:, luckily now back on my feet :relaxed:and bought everything i now own, new and used, but i can easily say that the Aqua Linq with the Aqua La Scala absolutely walks all over the SDV 3100 HV, "A Very Big" surprise to me, as I was to be honest very enamoured with the SDV 3100 HV, hoping in the future to change from my Simaudio 430HA and get a used Riviera Labs Levante (I heard a Riviera Labs AIC-10 Balanced last year at Headphone auditions in Amsterdam with Chord Dave and "Only" the T+A Soli SE, sounded magnificent, and i listened to literally all the amps in the shop, so i knew it was the amp and that it was very Special), and of which I am positive will scale my system to the next Level....

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #2,947 of 3,199
By the way, T+A will announce 3 new products in 2 weeks.

No Clue wether it's electronics, speakers or headphones, but there will be something new soon

May 6, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #2,949 of 3,199
Just received a HA 200,
But it‘s with a still old firmware.
As I don’t have a MP 200 to update it, is there anyone in this forum living in Munich, Germany in the eastern part in or around town who can help me to update ?

May 6, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #2,950 of 3,199
Just received a HA 200,
But it‘s with a still old firmware.
As I don’t have a MP 200 to update it, is there anyone in this forum living in Munich, Germany in the eastern part in or around town who can help me to update ?
In munich should be a lot of Dealers who will offer that Service

May 6, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #2,952 of 3,199
Screenshot_20230506-191734.jpg

T+A just teased this, and my wallet is very afraid.

Disc+Radio+Input suggests the Device has Media Player + DAC

Voltmeters suggest it also includes an amp.

The Buttons and control wheel are in the Design of my R Series.

This could be a new all in one device in my series.
And all in one devices in an existing series make the most sense when they are for a new application which suggests headphones...

May 9, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #2,955 of 3,199
I am absolutely floored by the Solitaire P. Holy Moly! The best I've ever owned, or heard. Transparency, detail, tonal richness, speed, articulate yet smooth, imaging, etc. Even the comfort is fine, and ease of driving, and even the mere stock cable--flexible, non-microphonic, good length. A total home run for my tastes. If I ever have the funds I want to get a back-up. Partly out of fear that T+A will later change the tuning to something thinner/brighter/Crinacle-approved. God forbid!

I'm frankly amazed that this headphone is not more universally praised. Admittedly, the price is a big wet blanket. But take that out of the equation, and the sheer sonics are tops. A tonal balance I'd hope more audio companies would aspire to.

Thanks for tolerating my effusiveness. *Gushing over, for now*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back