T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Jan 30, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #1,771 of 3,205
Looking forward to your thoughts vs Susvara :)
I had a pair on loan a couple of Months ago and was able to A/B them with the Susvara. The P won in the EDM category and held their own in the folksy/bluesy/rock category but fell to 2nd place in the vocals category but……Susvara is Latin for Golden Voices so I understand that loss.

The fit was my only real complaint on the P so I’m hoping the yoke slide mechanism on this set is a bit firmer and then I could be in business. I recently picked up both the Mysphere 3.1 and 3.2 also so I can afford to let the Susvara go to a good home for a while.

The P wins on soundstage width and height coupled with bass extension while equaling the Susvara in top end detail to my ears, granted none of those comparisons were done with my current combo of the TT2 and WA33 so it will be a bit of a new ride.

Jan 30, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #1,773 of 3,205
the SolP sounds even better after several days of running in. I also recently swapped out my arctic Aeris silver cable for their palladium cable. overall, the highs seem more nimble and clearer, whilst the low end has tightened up further. the P seemingly has lost a bit of weight and become more agile.

I previously thought there was some low end cut off and didn't extend as low as the Susvara, but did some a/b and it does, with the added bonus of increased punch and amount over the Susvara.

I agree with @OneEyedHito, the soundstage width and height on the P is better than the Susvara. quite a cavernous feel and sound with the P. music elements far to the side can immediately be perceived as such, whereas with the Sus, sometimes it is not as immediately apparently so.

Jan 30, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #1,774 of 3,205
The fit was my only real complaint on the P so I’m hoping the yoke slide mechanism on this set is a bit firmer and then I could be in business.
Do you mean it's too loose where the mechanism automatically make it bigger while wearing it?

The P wins on soundstage width and height coupled with bass extension while equaling the Susvara in top end detail to my ears, granted none of those comparisons were done with my current combo of the TT2 and WA33 so it will be a bit of a new ride.
This is why I really want to try it. :)

Jan 30, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #1,775 of 3,205
Do you mean it's too loose where the mechanism automatically make it bigger while wearing it?

This is why I really want to try it. :)
I mean where the yokes slide up and down into the headband were a bit loose, as an example on the Susvara once you adjust side height they are very firmly clicked into place, on the utopia it is similar in grip, on the P the weight of the cups would pull them down over my ears with any movement. Not sure if it was the set that I borrowed or a regular issue. I will know in a few days :)

Jan 30, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #1,776 of 3,205
I mean where the yokes slide up and down into the headband were a bit loose, as an example on the Susvara once you adjust side height they are very firmly clicked into place, on the utopia it is similar in grip, on the P the weight of the cups would pull them down over my ears with any movement. Not sure if it was the set that I borrowed or a regular issue. I will know in a few days :)
Gotcha. Hopefully the new unit you get doesn’t have that issue. Build quality seems to be amazing based on reviews/comments.

Jan 30, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #1,777 of 3,205
I have no such issue, I find the P very comfortable

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #1,778 of 3,205
Screenshot_20220131-104858_Roon.jpg

this is a nice album to listen on the SolP. I think it shows off some P technical abilities quite well. some easy listening to start off the week.

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #1,781 of 3,205
I had a pair on loan a couple of Months ago and was able to A/B them with the Susvara. The P won in the EDM category and held their own in the folksy/bluesy/rock category but fell to 2nd place in the vocals category but……Susvara is Latin for Golden Voices so I understand that loss.

The fit was my only real complaint on the P so I’m hoping the yoke slide mechanism on this set is a bit firmer and then I could be in business. I recently picked up both the Mysphere 3.1 and 3.2 also so I can afford to let the Susvara go to a good home for a while.

Have you heard LCD-5?

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #1,782 of 3,205
I have listened to both and think the P is more refined...better soundstage...same level of detail ...better bass for P and I think the P is more comfortable...the 5 is easier to drive

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #1,784 of 3,205
I have listened to both and think the P is more refined...better soundstage...same level of detail ...better bass for P and I think the P is more comfortable...the 5 is easier to drive
I echo your view on the P other than the comfort.
The P isn't bad but the headband does get to me after a short session. The Sus is just about perfect on my head! Not Empy comfortable, but then again it sounds way better than the Empy. My list is the Sus, LCD-5 and P in order of comfort.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back