T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Apr 13, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #812 of 3,205
Apr 13, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #813 of 3,205
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #814 of 3,205
Look at what was delivered today at my local T+A dealer, tomorrow morning i will pick it up, 5 day delivery across Europe from order and including a weekend, great service :relaxed:

173404366_137467031672486_8756362380105353540_n.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #815 of 3,205
Look at what was delivered today at my local T+A dealer, tomorrow morning i will pick it up, 5 day delivery across Europe from order and including a weekend, great service :relaxed:

173404366_137467031672486_8756362380105353540_n.jpg
Can't wait for the report how your SDV 3100 HV is driving them.

Apr 14, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #816 of 3,205
Can't wait for the report how your SDV 3100 HV is driving them.

Hi
I have to travel this coming saturday and will not be back home for about 3 weeks, but i will give them a quick 48 hour burn in and then a quick write up, but a full scale article will probably only come next month when i have had a chance to burn them in for a good 150/200 hours.

Must say though, i am rather excited

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #817 of 3,205
Hi
I have to travel this coming saturday and will not be back home for about 3 weeks, but i will give them a quick 48 hour burn in and then a quick write up, but a full scale article will probably only come next month when i have had a chance to burn them in for a good 150/200 hours.

Must say though, i am rather excited
I don't want to lead the witness but I think you will be pleased!

I am now only 5 days into my demo P (my pair coming soon) and I'm sure it will be a great companion hp to my beloved susvara. Great detail and it does go deeper than the susvara. I think the susvara may still better by a bit in imaging and comfort but both of these hp make me smile.

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #818 of 3,205

I am now only 5 days into my demo P (my pair coming soon) and I'm sure it will be a great companion hp to my beloved susvara. Great detail and it does go deeper than the susvara. I think the susvara may still better by a bit in imaging and comfort but both of these hp make me smile.

Hi
The fact you compare the Solitaire P next to the Susvara has me salivating, i seriously did think of getting the Susvara, but i was slightly put off with stories about the build quality, certainly not a worry with T+A, their products are rock solid, also on my list was the 1266 Phi TC, but i like to lie back when listening, so that pretty much ruled out that set of cans as i do not want to sit bolt upright for hours on end

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #819 of 3,205
It amazes me how realistic and 3D the horns sound with Solitaire P. I was listening to the album Duo by Bojan Zulfikarpasic and Julien Lourau while working, and that sax just shook me and took me out of my mental isolation, as it was scary realistic. :anguished:

Apr 16, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #820 of 3,205
Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread especially @DarginMahkum, all really useful, subject to spending a few days with both the P and P-SE. Something very weird happened, something that i cant remember happening to me before... i preferred and bought cheaper ones!!

T+A Solitaire pse uSE.JPG

Apr 16, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #821 of 3,205
Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread especially @DarginMahkum, all really useful, subject to spending a few days with both the P and P-SE. Something very weird happened, something that i cant remember happening to me before... i preferred and bought cheaper ones!!

T+A Solitaire pse uSE.JPG
I consider the cheaper ones prettier, unfortunately the expensive ones Hit right home in terms of sound signature for me.

Anyways, welcome to the club

Apr 16, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #822 of 3,205
I consider the cheaper ones prettier, unfortunately the expensive ones Hit right home in terms of sound signature for me.

Anyways, welcome to the club

thank you, before i read about these in the heafonics review i was about pull the trigger on a another pair of Utopias, which i like a lot, but these had the speed (well almost) definitely quick transients and dynamics, but just all slightly easier especially with less than perfect recordings. Staging was wider and touch deeper too. All a really nice compliment without being too far away from my beloved stellias. Just have painful few days of watching them run in as these are definitely not quite where the demo pair were :):)

Apr 16, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #823 of 3,205

Congrats! :wink: Enjoy your Solitaire! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back