T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Apr 9, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #796 of 3,198
I am only 3 hours into the P and I like what I hear so far!

After reading most of these 53 pages and every review I could find, I was concerned that I might be underwhelmed and need to give it a few days to 'get' these hp, but from the very first song they sounded really nice. I am avoiding going back and forth from the susvara to the P and just listening to the P. Detail and bass are very nice and things just sound right using these hp.
I tried the Final Audio D8000 Pro and it sounded odd or off to me on many tracks I know well. I also tried the Utopia and it was quite good but I liked the susvara better. I may still own the Utopia at some point but the P may be a better choice to share time with the susvara.

I am using a TT2 / M scaler and Bigger Ben amp. I have only tried the tube amp at this pont but will try the SS amp section of the TT2 tonight.

Small issue, but personally I would like a shorter cable.

Apr 9, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #797 of 3,198
I am only 3 hours into the P and I like what I hear so far!

After reading most of these 53 pages and every review I could find, I was concerned that I might be underwhelmed and need to give it a few days to 'get' these hp, but from the very first song they sounded really nice. I am avoiding going back and forth from the susvara to the P and just listening to the P. Detail and bass are very nice and things just sound right using these hp.
I tried the Final Audio D8000 Pro and it sounded odd or off to me on many tracks I know well. I also tried the Utopia and it was quite good but I liked the susvara better. I may still own the Utopia at some point but the P may be a better choice to share time with the susvara.

I am using a TT2 / M scaler and Bigger Ben amp. I have only tried the tube amp at this pont but will try the SS amp section of the TT2 tonight.

Small issue, but personally I would like a shorter cable.

Most of the initial responses in this thread were negative, even an aggressive negativity, mostly from those that see the Utopia as the absolute reference. Which is why I tried mention its character as a reference people know.

So, for sure it is not at all off or anything, which is why I bought both P and P-SE.

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #798 of 3,198
I'm pleasantly surprised with my initial impression of the P. I was expecting to have to give myself time to adjust to the sound signature but it was positive form the start. Very nice detail and clarity with a bit more or slightly deeper bass than the Susvara. I love my Susvara but if I could change one thing it would a little more bass and I may have found that in the P.

I have been looking for a second great hp to own with the Susvara that I would gladly reach for on any given night for a listening session. The P may be that hp!

EDIT: After another couple of hours of listening, I am a believer!
The hype is indeed real. Right up there with the susvara in detail and with a bit more quality bass.This may indeed be a keeper!!!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #799 of 3,198
Any direct comparison between P-SE vs Verite Open?
I am in the market for new headphones and my shortlist is down to these 2, thanks in advance.

Apr 10, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #800 of 3,198
Any direct comparison between P-SE vs Verite Open?
I am in the market for new headphones and my shortlist is down to these 2, thanks in advance.
I had the Verite two years ago and sold it after 3-4 months I guess. I wasn't really thrilled as much I did with P-SE. It is wrong of me to compare from the memory, but Verite is just another dynamic HP. P-SE is something new - a new driver developed to achieve something above the current trends.

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #801 of 3,198
For Solitaire P, if you have a cable with shorter HD800 connectors, a little tweaking will make it usable with P:

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/head...e-jack-635mm-for-hd800-hd800s-13m-p-7700.html

1618059631867.png

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #803 of 3,198
Thanks for you reply.
I think you mentioned that your wife drives these from an RME ADI-2, how does that work? I have a Starlett as my main amp and even though I love it to bits I dont think it has enough wattage for the P-SEs. I will have to use these with the RME or LP, but the latter means some additional chaos on my desk, so...

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #804 of 3,198
Thanks for you reply.
I think you mentioned that your wife drives these from an RME ADI-2, how does that work? I have a Starlett as my main amp and even though I love it to bits I dont think it has enough wattage for the P-SEs. I will have to use these with the RME or LP, but the latter means some additional chaos on my desk, so...
ADI-2 pairing is good. Even listening from DX300 I have a lot of headroom, like I can raise the volume up to 41% (album To the Stars / Chick Corea) and it is already loud and I have very good bass weight. Unfortunately I have no experience with the DNA.

Apr 10, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #805 of 3,198
ADI-2 pairing is good. Even listening from DX300 I have a lot of headroom, like I can raise the volume up to 41% (album To the Stars / Chick Corea) and it is already loud and I have very good bass weight. Unfortunately I have no experience with the DNA.

I was listening to Chick Corea EB - To the Stars 1st time yesterday, mainly because of Dave Weckl. What a coincidence lol.
I think my mind is set now, appreciate it, cheers.

Apr 10, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #806 of 3,198
I was listening to Chick Corea EB - To the Stars 1st time yesterday, mainly because of Dave Weckl. What a coincidence lol.
I think my mind is set now, appreciate it, cheers.
:) A well produced album with great music, one of my benchmarks (in fact, I am listening to the album with P-SE and DX300 at the moment). Both Dave Weckl and John Patitucci are great. If you like them, I would also recommend the Always album with Aziza Mustafa Zadeh. Dave (and John) has great performance there.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #807 of 3,198
Most of the initial responses in this thread were negative, even an aggressive negativity, mostly from those that see the Utopia as the absolute reference. Which is why I tried mention its character as a reference people know.

So, for sure it is not at all off or anything, which is why I bought both P and P-SE.
Isn't that true. I was really disappointed in the beginning because of that and ragged on them a bit because of it for not being a contender. It was a negative vibe then. But just a few pages back I read a certain phrase that convinced me otherwise, that these are likely a very good and unique set of phones. And since then, many positive responses have rolled in, just like the new one above putting them in league with the Susvaras.

I'm still waiting to give them a try myself, but it's nice to see more feedback from real owners, amps, music styles, etc.

Apr 11, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #808 of 3,198
Isn't that true. I was really disappointed in the beginning because of that and ragged on them a bit because of it for not being a contender. It was a negative vibe then. But just a few pages back I read a certain phrase that convinced me otherwise, that these are likely a very good and unique set of phones. And since then, many positive responses have rolled in, just like the new one above putting them in league with the Susvaras.

I'm still waiting to give them a try myself, but it's nice to see more feedback from real owners, amps, music styles, etc.
Yes, from reading a lot of posts here I was expecting the P might be a hp I needed to use for an extended period to understand what was special.
Thankfully the demo pair I was testing had time on the clock from the dealer and I liked it from the very first track!

I just placed my order today and thank the many members that posted their findings. The susvara are, IMO, so good that I needed another great hp to compliment their sound and I found that in the P!!!

Apr 11, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #809 of 3,198

Well, I am happy that I convinced myself for P in the cloud of that negativity, and gave myself the time to appreciate it. Again, I get where they are coming from, but P doesn't try to be just another headphone trying to imitate the market trends. When I think about it, for me, it sounds like speakers in a room rather than a headphone. P-SE is even more so.

I listened to some music with DX300 + P-SE today. In the morning I had headache (I guess I am catching cold) but I wanted to listen to music. P-SE has such a comfortable tuning and fit that I was able to listen to music for several hours without feeling overwhelmed.

That is special for me.

Apr 11, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #810 of 3,198
Yes, from reading a lot of posts here I was expecting the P might be a hp I needed to use for an extended period to understand what was special.
Thankfully the demo pair I was testing had time on the clock from the dealer and I liked it from the very first track!

I just placed my order today and thank the many members that posted their findings. The susvara are, IMO, so good that I needed another great hp to compliment their sound and I found that in the P!!!
Glad we could help you find a great addition to your headphone roster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back