T+A Arrives at Audio46
Feb 10, 2022 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Audio46

Sponsor: Audio46
Audio46 is an Authorized Dealer of T+A

T+A HEADFI.png

We've got new Planar-Magnetostatic headphones and an Amp/DAC to pair with them from the latest brand to join the Audio46 roster: T+A.

T+A (full name T+A elektroakustik GmbH & Co. KG) stands for “theory and application," and all T+A products are developed and manufactured in Germany.

SHOP T+A>

Audio46 Audio46 is the destination store in NYC to demo and buy headphone products. Stay updated on Audio46 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Audio46 https://twitter.com/Audio46NYC https://www.instagram.com/audio46/ https://audio46.com/ info@audio46.com
Feb 10, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 11
Amazing news.
T+A gear is truly top of the line.

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #5 of 11
Amazing news.
T+A gear is truly top of the line.
Too bad about their headphones.
The build quality and sound don't come anywhere close to any of the competition between 500-3500 EUR.
It's a shame really.

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #6 of 11
Too bad about their headphones.
The build quality and sound don't come anywhere close to any of the competition between 500-3500 EUR.
It's a shame really.
The build quality and sound of the Solitare P destroys nearly everything in the 500-3500 range.
The comfort could be improved though. It's not bad but certainly bested by several headphones.

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #7 of 11
The build quality and sound of the Solitare P destroys nearly everything in the 500-3500 range.
The comfort could be improved though. It's not bad but certainly bested by several headphones.
Very strongly disagree.
Build of Solitaire P is wobbly and flimsy. Easily bested by the cheap Beyerdynamic studio headphones.
Try looking down when you wear it - it will just fall off your head. :laughing:

Sound quality doesn't destroy anything with that horrendous 6-8kHz peak that makes everything sound thin and shouty.
At this price, that's just not acceptable.
Also really strange that the bass measures quite well 'on paper', but the actual impact is pretty weaksauce.

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #8 of 11
Very strongly disagree.
Build of Solitaire P is wobbly and flimsy. Easily bested by the cheap Beyerdynamic studio headphones.
Try looking down when you wear it - it will just fall off your head. :laughing:

Sound quality doesn't destroy anything with that horrendous 6-8kHz peak that makes everything sound thin and shouty.
At this price, that's just not acceptable.
Also really strange that the bass measures quite well 'on paper', but the actual impact is pretty weaksauce.
Guess we strongly disagree then.
How it fits on your head is no matter of build quality but more of comfort, which I said could be improved. The clamping force is quite low, which makes it comfortable for long sessions but also makes it impossible to bend over while wearing them. The finish is sublime tho.

In regards to sound the General consens is that it is on Susvara level.
For my personal taste it is even better than that due to it's darker signature and more authorative Bass.

However, it's fine to disagree

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #9 of 11
In regards to sound the General consens is that it is on Susvara level.
Wow... that's shocking.

I had it side by side with Final D8000 Pro, Focal Utopia and a few others and man... the build was just horrible for the price. About on par with HD600.
And I mean in terms of the material choice and how well the parts fit together etc.

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #10 of 11
Wow... that's shocking.

I had it side by side with Final D8000 Pro, Focal Utopia and a few others and man... the build was just horrible for the price. About on par with HD600.
And I mean in terms of the material choice and how well the parts fit together etc.
That's weird, I have them here and my pair has excellent build.
The parts fit very accurately, the space between cup and headband is absolutely even.
The cups and headband and earpads themselves look amazingly well crafted.
Everything that should move does so smoothly and yet is tight enough to leave a sturdy impression.
Can't fault the material choice with aluminum and Alcantara either.

I do consider the design of the Meze flagships superior, but the Exekution is on par.

Feb 14, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #11 of 11
That's weird, I have them here and my pair has excellent build.
The parts fit very accurately, the space between cup and headband is absolutely even.
The cups and headband and earpads themselves look amazingly well crafted.
Everything that should move does so smoothly and yet is tight enough to leave a sturdy impression.
Can't fault the material choice with aluminum and Alcantara either.

I do consider the design of the Meze flagships superior, but the Exekution is on par.
Build quality is top notch on my Solitaire P too. The headband can become uncomfortable over long listening sessions but the ear cups are HD800 comfort level for me.
Best sounding headphones I’ve owned and I’ve owned a few. Using the HA 200 and Bryston BCD-3 as source, I get a stunning full sound through the range, great detail and a beautifully layered, soundstage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back