System Synergy: HHF-1 + H5 = BLISS
Jul 12, 2006 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

swmtnbiker

Previously known as dpippel
J. River Media Center -> FLAC -> ESI Juli@ (coax digi out) -> CIAudio VDA-1 DAC -> Meier-Audio Corda HEADFIVE -> Grado HHF-1. What a great sounding combination of components! I'll say it again - the H5 and deep woodied HHF-1s are made for each other...
rs1smile.gif

GreatCombo.jpg

Jul 13, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 10
I know how good that sounds - my HHF-1 and H5 sounds great together too. And they look good together as well!

Jul 13, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 10
they almost match the rich mahogony panels, and fragrent leather bound books in your library.

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
they almost match the rich mahogony panels, and fragrent leather bound books in your library.

Indeed. Unfortunately they clash with my red velvet smoking jacket and solid teak humidor.

Jul 14, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by device manager
Doug, that's a beautiful setup. I have an RS-1 on the way so can I please have the H5 back?
rs1smile.gif

Sorry John - MINE!
eggosmile.gif
You'll just have to make do with the amp in that Zhaolu DAC of yours. Hopefully it has enough juice for the Grados.
tongue.gif

Seriously though, I'd be interested in hearing how it sounds with the RS-1.

Jul 15, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #8 of 10
I hear ya.
k701smile.gif

Since the Zhaolu drives my K701's to insane levels it shouldn't have a problem with the RS-1. Eddie Wu is also doing some special mods to my new DAC board to increase transparency and add additional bass. I'll report back in two weeks.
rs1smile.gif

Jul 15, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
they almost match the rich mahogany panels, and fragrant leather bound books in your library.

Perhaps soon Merlin Olson will start coming to visit him on occasion.

Jul 19, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by device manager
I hear ya.
k701smile.gif

Since the Zhaolu drives my K701's to insane levels it shouldn't have a problem with the RS-1. Eddie Wu is also doing some special mods to my new DAC board to increase transparency and add additional bass. I'll report back in two weeks.
rs1smile.gif

Can't wait to hear your impressions. The wait must be murder!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back