System of a Down - hypnotize (and mezmerize)
Nov 23, 2005 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

patrox89

100+ Head-Fier
good cds... very complicated techincally and subject matter if you get over the metal/heaavy aspect of the sound.

but I'm not gonna review them. I just want to talk about how hypnotize was released as a dual layer disc, one side regular cd audio, and on the other dvd audio (enhanced stereo) and some videos. the dvd audio is VERY clear, esp with intervideo dvd player and hardware decoding. i think its only enhanced stereo but its still sounds amazing. all this for $15.... kinda amazing if you ask me.

more artists should release these kinds of discs. i feel very satisfied with my purchase, something i cant say i feel when i buy many cds lately. I feel like most artists dont care about the fans and a nice little easter egg like a double sided cd/dvd makes me feel like they actually care about their fans.

buy the album even if you dont like the music to show you want this kind of technology on more cds if you think its a good idea. or maybe find an artist that you like that has released a dvd audio cd and buy that.

Nov 24, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 3
I will never buy DualDisc ever again. I bought the Mudvayne Lost&Found DualDisc just so I can check out the extras ... Nice audio, a movie about the making of Lost and Found. Then when I tried to rip it in FLAC ... it would not rip ... even when I left EAC alone for 3 hours.

Then I started reading up on DualDiscs ... on how they are not official "CDs" and that they are like hybrid discs and even audio manufacturers recommend not buying DualDiscs because some players (old and new) may not play them. It's more trouble than they're worth ...

BTW, I have Mezmerize/Hypnotize on regular CD ... and they rock!

Nov 24, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 3
yes, they are awesome! i bought hypnotize the morning it came out, and for some reason, i can't stop listening... as if it's hypnotizing and mezmerizing me.........
blink.gif
blink.gif

anyhow, the dualdisk was all right for me. one side was a nice dvd portion with videos and such, and the other side was audio. and of course, i took a sharpie and wrote "Sony DRM is evil" along the outer edge of the cd just in case the rootkit is still on there (there was a data track lurking on the outer edge). EAC ripped it fine in 20 minutes. so i'm happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back