System better then the Orpheus? I say YES,! Thanks to Aristaeus (56k warning)
Mar 6, 2007 at 10:27 AM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboardz26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HAh, thanks Rob, but I dont think anyone can ever take away my enjoyment for music right now. It's just not possible. Thats one of the reasons I havn't ever really thought about buying another source; because I've been enjoying too much. Even Here, you can see with the orpheus the same zhaolu setting next to my setup.

It seems kinda silly to me that other people are telling you that your source isn't good enough for your headphone/amp, when you're one of the few people with such a good headphone/amp and you've compared a "high end" dac vs your zhaolu and found that you prefer the zhaolu

while there's no harm in auditioning other high end sources, you're one of the very few people who can even comment on such a rig. I wonder how many people in this thread have used orpheus/aristaeus+omega with the zhaolu?

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #47 of 56
I agree.

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #48 of 56
“It seems kinda silly to me that other people are telling you that your source isn't good enough for your headphone/amp,”

The guys got a $10K headphone / amp combo. Few people have actually heard and spent intimate time with such systems. If you haven’t tried a truly High-End source with such a combo you have no idea what it’s capable of.

If you read the thread- the people with similar systems suggested trying a high-end source. The people who don’t own such systems think it’s a waste of money. Think about that for a moment? Take a moment and read the peoples profiles when they make recommendations. Most are commenting on things they know nothing about and probably have never even heard or seen.

“Good enough” doesn’t cut it at this level. Just go to the dedicated source forum and read the posts from people who thought their computer was a “good enough” source. Only to have their eyes opened when they acquired a real source.

Mitch

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems kinda silly to me that other people are telling you that your source isn't good enough for your headphone/amp, when you're one of the few people with such a good headphone/amp and you've compared a "high end" dac vs your zhaolu and found that you prefer the zhaolu

while there's no harm in auditioning other high end sources, you're one of the very few people who can even comment on such a rig. I wonder how many people in this thread have used orpheus/aristaeus+omega with the zhaolu?

I haven't used it with the zhaolu and while anything is possible, I doubt very much that it is at the level of an Ayre, Esoteric, Meridian, etc. I've heard this combo with all of the above. No one is telling him to buy anything just to consider the possibility. As brailldriver said, "The guys got a $10K headphone / amp combo." Why not see what it can do with other (high end) sources. It would be "silly" for him not to.

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #50 of 56
hah, call me a hypocrite, but there is a deal for a watch I cant deny. You guys know how I am when I see opportunity for a good deal...Ive always been sprastic about selling things so Here I am selling my omega I on ebay. Ive been getting into watches latley and one came up for a price I cant deny. it cost over 100,000 retail but of course Im getting it for a much better price.

I've gotten a few pm's asking if its a scam listing but its not. Enjoy

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #51 of 56
^ ..and they are now up for international bidders as well (compared to last time..).
Great!
lambda.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #52 of 56
Have there been any postings of side-by-side comparisons of an Aristaeus, and an ES-1, versus an HEV90? Also, have there been side-by-side comparisons of an O2 with an HE90? IMO, it'll take such comparisons to provide meaningful evaluations of the relative performance of these units.

Apr 23, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #54 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboardz26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hah, call me a hypocrite, but there is a deal for a watch I cant deny. You guys know how I am when I see opportunity for a good deal...Ive always been sprastic about selling things so Here I am selling my omega I on ebay. Ive been getting into watches latley and one came up for a price I cant deny. it cost over 100,000 retail but of course Im getting it for a much better price.

I've gotten a few pm's asking if its a scam listing but its not. Enjoy

Would you mind telling me what watch it is? Skeletal Tourbillon movement by any chance? no...that sounds too oldstyle for you.....richard mille perhaps?
I'm also interested in watches....I's love to see a pic of a georgous watch!

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #55 of 56
hey, It was going to be a patek phillipe, but the seller was to sketchy and was bad with communication. I ended up getting a cartier santos 100 chronograph, rolex daytona, rolex GMT-II, and I just got a daniel roth.

I posted pictures in the member lounge thread that says "watches another passion of ours it seems" so check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back