Symphonic music recommendations?
Apr 30, 2002 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Drathen

New Head-Fier
One of my favorite albums is Pink Floyd's Us and Them Symphonic performed by the London Symphony Orchestra. Does anyone know what genre of music this would be classified with (classical, new age, ???)? Any recommendations for albums that have the same style of music?

Thanks,

Drathen

Apr 30, 2002 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 5
drathen,
that's a good album, i'd call it experimental. genres are pretty pointless anyway.

another good example of this, imo, is "strung out on ok computer", a quartet string interpretation of the radiohead classic.

best,
carlo.

Apr 30, 2002 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 5
What's the tool tribute called? Third Eye Open? I forget......but neat disc.............the bass parts are super......MUCH creepier when done acoustic, I think.......but the guitar and vocal lines fail, I think.....

Apr 30, 2002 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 5
Hey guys,

Thanks for the recommendations, I will certainly check them out!

Another cool song I like is called Quest for the Glaive from the movie Krull, it's very mystifying and intriguing.

Happy listening!
smily_headphones1.gif

Drathen

May 1, 2002 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 5
There are quite a few classical-popular crossover albums out these days - Beatles go Baroque, that Metallica album, ENZSO (Split Enz songs by the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra), and just today in the store I saw an album of classical interpretations of Doors songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back