Sydney/UNSW Australia Meet
Apr 22, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #31 of 142
Ur sa3000

well on a more serious tone, your sa3000 or a k500, or maybe a warmer Ultrasone. Or maybe a sextett? I really don't know to be honest. Maybe if I don't plan on reaching flagship class, there aren't a lot of headphones that r worth my collection...

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #32 of 142

Quote:
Ur sa3000
well on a more serious tone, your sa3000 or a k500, or maybe a warmer Ultrasone. Or maybe a sextett? I really don't know to be honest. Maybe if I don't plan on reaching flagship class, there aren't a lot of headphones that r worth my collection...

Um, you are interested in a sextett? Why not buy my AKG 242HD then? Or at least have a listen. Haha.

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #33 of 142
There are certainly headphones that catches my interest, but really not much that I would die for given their price performance/special ratio.

Like others have found, a hd580 (hd600) is really that good after I upgraded my source and amp.

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #34 of 142

Quote:
There are certainly headphones that catches my interest, but really not much that I would die for given their price performance/special ratio.
Like others have found, a hd580 (hd600) is really that good after I upgraded my source and amp.

I agree. I actually do not like the AKG's much at all. The timbre is completely wrong. They are a very relaxing listen though, but since getting them out of a trade they mostly have been sitting in their box. They are worth a listen though I guess, and maybe would be better with pleather earcups like the Sextett.

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #35 of 142
Im actually a tiny bit interested in ur akg as well before XP the 701 really wasn't my cup of tea so I was more interested in the 240 variants, or the vintage ones, even a k340 ESP when ppl claim it has great synergy with my dark voice 336

I'll only consider great deals for sidegrades at this stage. Time for a rest after a year of madness.

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #36 of 142

Quote:
Im actually a tiny bit interested in ur akg as well before XP the 701 really wasn't my cup of tea so I was more interested in the 240 variants, or the vintage ones, even a k340 ESP when ppl claim it has great synergy with my dark voice 336
I'll only consider great deals for sidegrades at this stage. Time for a rest after a year of madness.

What kind of sound do you like anyway?

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #37 of 142
I'm interested but UNSW is like the other side of the Earth...

What time do you guys plan on meeting up? I wouldn't be able to get there until at least 9pm...

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #38 of 142

Quote:
I'm interested but UNSW is like the other side of the Earth...

What time do you guys plan on meeting up? I wouldn't be able to get there until at least 9pm...

Prob 4ish but we are still waiting for cheeq to reply :wink:

This is really the first mini meet. Later, when more people feel like it/when some of us wants to host one, just say hi in this thread and we'll sort out a time. Side note, would weekends favour you more?

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #39 of 142

Quote:

What kind of sound do you like anyway?

Different :p That's why I can like the Denon and the HD600, and the grado and the AD, the TF10 and the GR07 :S

but the 701 was too analytical for me. Hmm maybe I prefer something musical rather than analytical. Don't you think a Sony SA fits in my samples of headphone sounds very well?

You? Airy sound, nice mids/highs with a large soundstage?

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #40 of 142
hey, i'm free tuesday maybe, depends on the doctors at hospital and what they want.

i'll probably be available from 4-5 or 5:15, we have study group starting then. This will probably be a consistent fixtures of my tuesday night.

I can be there for the first hour if thats ok.

Apr 22, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #43 of 142
Homebush. I dunno really, I want to try some studio monitoring closed headphones such as SRH940 but honestly I'm interested in hearing anything. Would love to hear that HD 600 or AKG 701 etc.

I only have Fostex HP-P1, Shure SE535red, DT1350's and HD150 to offer...

Apr 22, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #44 of 142

Quote:
Far too early for me, people have to work you know...

Don't worry Lillee! More meets can be arranged, I'm just really desperate to hear someone's SA3000 for unknown reasons :frowning2: looks? XD

But yeah it would be easy to organize these minimeets :) Where do you live around and when are your preferred times?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back