Sydney Mini-Meet
Sep 9, 2005 at 12:55 PM Post #61 of 117
I live in Pymble so if anyone near me would like a lift just PM me.

Jazper - I believe that jetstar and virgin use differnet arrival terminals so I think chungsoi wants to know which one to go to.
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #62 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
we'll sure have more $$$ in this meet than last time
tongue.gif

hopefully i can get over my dynahi issues to bring it to this meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Not necessarily....We had a Raptor last time
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazper
why do you ask? can you get me a good deal with either?

No, but I'm planning a trip down to Melb or QLD in the summer break so just wondering what sort of deals are around.

GOOOO THE SWANNIES!! Anyone watch the game??? Goal in the last 10 secs to win....F##kin' awesome!!!

Sep 9, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #64 of 117
I reckon! It was painful watching the game but when Davis snapped that last goal in the dying seconds.....UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

He single-handedly lead the Swanies into the Finals in the last quarter...

DEAD

SET

LEGEND!

Sep 10, 2005 at 12:04 PM Post #65 of 117
hey guys i have bad news, i wont be able to make it on the 18th as i have 2 exams the following week after the 18th. Its mid-session exams time, i cant believe i forgot
frown.gif

Is it too late to postpone the meet to exactly a week later? I can definitely make it on the next sunday after the 18th...but if not you guys can go ahead without me on the 18th, no problems at all
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 10, 2005 at 12:56 PM Post #67 of 117
well my flights are booked... so I'm coming..

it'd really suck to have to cancel (btw I'm flying in on qantas and flying out on virgin blue)

Sep 10, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #68 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazper
well my flights are booked... so I'm coming..

it'd really suck to have to cancel (btw I'm flying in on qantas and flying out on virgin blue)

And Kenny's already talked to his boss to get the day off, so i'm afraid rescheduling isn't an option. But as Kenny said, i sure wouldn't object to a "PS-1 meet" a few weeks later
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #69 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackreplica
hey guys i have bad news, i wont be able to make it on the 18th as i have 2 exams the following week after the 18th. Its mid-session exams time, i cant believe i forgot
frown.gif

Is it too late to postpone the meet to exactly a week later? I can definitely make it on the next sunday after the 18th...but if not you guys can go ahead without me on the 18th, no problems at all
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry to hear that...I'm always up for another when your PS-1's arrive!
very_evil_smiley.gif

You know what...I just realised I have exams then as well. Doh! Oh well, I can't let studies get in the way! hehe...
tongue.gif

Guys, check original post for updates. This is getting really exciting, looking forward to it!

Sep 11, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #70 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Headphones
Alessandro MS-Pro
Audio Technica ATH-W10LTD (representing the Kiwi's, courtesy of Overlunge
wink.gif
)
Beyer DT880
Ety ER-4S
Grado SR325
Grado RS-1
Senn HD650+Cardas
Sony SA5000 x 2
Shure E4

Whoa, who's bringing the SR325 and HD650/Cardas? Now those are two 'phones i'd like to hear
biggrin.gif

And agreed, this meet is getting very exciting
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #72 of 117
I'd like to be able to make this meet. Won't know to near the end of the week if it's 100% definite. I'm expecting my M3 to arrive sometime this week, i've also got a Pimeta, HD580's and Beyers DT231 Pro's.

Sep 11, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #73 of 117
Update on equipment:

Ok PPA (1.1 with discrete buffers) and META42 acquired (thanks to dakiller) for the weekend.

The PPA has a few bugs that need to be worked out so I'll be having a sign or something on it with a few cautions and such - it does work (and sounds pretty good) but some of the switches and relays need a bit of tweaking and there is no time to do that this week. Your headphones are safe to use with it so long as you follow the guidelines I'll put together for it. It has opa627s in it and I'm not changing them as it's not my amp and I can't afford for something to go wrong with it as I'm not familiar with the design and can't debug it.

The M3 (mine) is still uncased at this stage, I'm hoping the case will be ready in the next two days and I'll do my damnest to get the amp ready for the meet. Hopefully I'll have two headphone outs and two inputs (whether they'll be switchable or not is another thing, I haven't figured that out yet). I'll be burning the midnight oil to get this done in time. If the case is not ready I'll make a temporary custom one for the meet. The amp currently has THS4631D opamps in it and I don't intend to change these either as they sound terrific in it, but might be open to changing if there are special requests and enough time.

I am a bit worried about airport security with these amps, any tips anyone?

Sep 13, 2005 at 12:04 PM Post #74 of 117
The young woodie apprentice has confirmed the LTD has touched down on the Australian soil! Hope you guys have a good meet this weekend... and make sure plenty of photos this time!

Overlunge

Sep 13, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #75 of 117
I am not 100% confirmed I'll be able to make it but I'm going to try! Is parking permitted inside or near campus? Can someone provide instructions on how to get there, for us non-uni students
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back