Sydney/Blue Mountain Meet July 11
May 30, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #91 of 170

Quote:

Their latest album was brought out in 09, called Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland. Do you have that one?

yep sure do, superb!! 'I AM YOU' is pretty mindblowing

May 30, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #92 of 170
Sorry about the late reply!! have been super busy at work. i've been really well and you? how is your rig progressing? how are things? 

I'm running a ZYX Bloom, but thinking about upgrading the cart and stage before the meet-just a basic stage at present, but sounds pretty sweet.

I'm happy to drive somewhere east, i just don't trust my driving skills on the highway (as some of you may have noticed last time!)

May 30, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #94 of 170
The meet was timed with that amp in mind  =)

May 30, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #96 of 170
Hi John and everyone else

Iam a beginner in this hobby and would be delighted to attend my first meet. Would much appreciate if my girlfriend Esther could also tag along if there is space remaining. I can bring the portable cans Ath-es10 and Shure Srh-840 which i do not see listed.
Thanks//

May 30, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #97 of 170

Quote:
you guys gotto push Johnwmclean to get that badass balanced EHHA finished up to bring to the meet. Its going to be wicked awesome i am sure. :)

It’s making progress, I stuffed the Mills in today! 
tongue.gif

Quote:
John,
I don'r see a Beyer T1 on the headphone list.

It is now, thanks Erwin AWESOME.

UPDATE

Yuhh, bcstyle and Esther you have been added to the fast growing list.

*****ONLY FIVE SPACES LEFT NOW*****

I’ve reserved a heater from Kennards Hire @ $73, if everyone chucks in $3 it’ll cover the cost - I hope everyones OK with this.
I have as many chairs as we need, I’m trying to source tables now if anyone knows or has some handy please let me know.

A pm will be sent closer to date with my address and contact details.

May 31, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #98 of 170
There will now most definitely be at least two pico slims at the meet.
BYO iems.

May 31, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #99 of 170
Hi John,

Can you put my name down for this as well?

I'll be tagging along with hpz and Yuhh :)

I'll bring along my el cheapo bravo tube amp in the unlikely event that someone wants to try it out.

cheers

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #100 of 170
Guys, I'd love to bring my table, but think it could be a hassle. How important is it for you for it to attend? I must say, it's the centre of my rig at the moment!

Jun 2, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #102 of 170
http://www.puremusicgroup.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=143 this is my tonearm...I don't have the Stogi S

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #103 of 170
Hi guys, I'm a real newbie, and unfortunately can't make it to this meet, but how often does this meet run? Is it always at John's place? I saw Syd Uni mentioned in the first post. Apologies if these questions have been answered in other post.

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #104 of 170
This is the first meet at my place, they are spread over various locations - depending on who steps up to organise the meet. Best thing to do is just keep an eye on the Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/24
Usually this is an annual event, there are sometimes smaller impromptu meets - most of which are Covenant’s doing...  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back