Sydney/Blue Mountain Meet 11/07/10 Impressions!
Jul 13, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #32 of 64
Surely there were more of us around with cameras?
I remember a certain range finder...

Naturally after the meet everything is coming to be finished real quick...
Bijou and b24 panels are almost done (pick up today cross fingers) and I stuffed both kgss boards last night and tested.
Oh well.

Jeremy has a good suggestion on the previous page: next meet we should encourage as many diy'ers as possible to come and bring gear.
We have a pretty good number in Sydney/AU making with out a doubt commercial equipment killers.
The amp with the home wound opt was very revealing of this  =D

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #33 of 64
Hmm rangefinder? what rangefinder? haha i'll put up the pics tonight-i think i'll have to get a flash for the next meet

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #35 of 64
no, my idea is DIY ONLY, not to replace the next regular meet, in addition to.

Jul 14, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #36 of 64
btw guys, anyone keen on purchasing a pico slim after hearing it at the meet?, i have one of the limited edition ones here, serial 0044 in silver in perfect condition, still on the first charge. i just dont know that i'll ever really have any need for it. i'm used to carrying bigger and tbh superior rigs around with me, so anyone wanting to skip the wait and get a lifetime battery replacement, pm me with an offer

Jul 14, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #39 of 64
casework was shmick on that amp and I regret not trying it out, even though it was made with choobs :rolleyes:

Jul 14, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #41 of 64
Damn man your photos have an epic quality to them! Nice work!

Nice to see I have two that save me from the one on the first page lol.

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #43 of 64
Haha! Tom, gooified.

I must say that I'm really enjoying the AD2000s, been listening for the last 3 or more hours and did the same for longer last night :p I've tried comparing to the HD580s but they sound a bit boring when I switch to them, only to switch back to the AD2000s. They're either plain awesome, or I have a bit of 'new toy' syndrome and have to give my other cans a better run for their money at a later date; probably a bit of both.
But I can say that for female vocals the reports are true, AD2000s are killer.

So far I've been enjoying: Sarah Blasko, Emma Pask, Florence and The Machine, BoA, Count Basie, Lisa Mitchell, Leonard Cohen (his deep voice sounds amazing), Mumford & Sons, Eddie Mis, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, and Miley Cyrus.
So maybe I'm choosing genres that perform well with the AD2000s; I'll give some more classical a go and see how rock and metal fare later.

I even doubted that I'd like them that much as I recently got rid of my AD900s in favour of the HD580s and didn't like AD1000 when I heard them a while ago.

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #44 of 64
BAHAHAHAHA   =D

No sleep made me look a little spaced out... Owen laughing at me while doin the k1k thing just made it worse.

Man that's an awesome chin.

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #45 of 64
Pendulum. Watercolour. Hell, yeah! 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back