Sydney area (NSW South Coast) meet IC
Nov 3, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #16 of 32
Ok guys, I'm back home after extending the trip for 2 more weeks in UK (business though, not what you think
tongue.gif
).
Still jet-lagged, lost me baggage at f#$%^ing Heathrow and other fun.
The most suitable date is weekend of 25-26 Nov. As a backup I can bring it back to the weekend before that: 18-19 Nov., but it is not as good for me, still doable though.
Lets see what the consensus is. If there is not enough replies, I'll try to PM everyone.
Sorry for keeping you waiting, but I was full on on something else. Just not enough time left in one day.

Cheers,

Lad

Nov 4, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #18 of 32
I can only do 26th but 18th/19th would be better for me as I work the night of the 25th. I will do my best which ever day is decided on. It's such a beautiful part of the world down the south coast I,m sure anyone who could make it would just enjoy the trip down from Sydney (come down through the Royal National Park and across the new bridge at Stanwell Park, it's most spectacular!) would enjoy the trip and Berrara is a great place to visit. $qwuzzy I would like to hear what you think of the UM2's, they sound clear and detailed to me (after my e81 sony's) but it's always interesting to hear someone else's opinion.

Nov 4, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #19 of 32
Whoa. Head-fi meet in the South Coast??? How can I say no...... put me down for the 26th.

I was involved in a couple of Sydney head-fi meets last year but nowhere near as glamorous location as this!
rs1smile.gif

Nov 6, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #20 of 32
At this stage I want to clarify that originally I intended this meet to go over 2 days (Saturday and Sunday), because overnight stay is available. Judging by replies few guys can come in on Sunday only.
What I need to find out is how many of you guys would prefer it as 2 day meet or 1 day meet.
If it happens on Sunday only, that may require to leave Sydney early in the morning (2.5 hours average travell time without getting speedin ticket).

Cheers

Nov 6, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #21 of 32
i work saturday evenings, so wouldn't be able to get down there till late.

even worse though - i've been rostered to work on the sunday. i'm gonna have to go down as a maybe......

Nov 11, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #23 of 32
i'm out - my boss is being a bum, and seen as though i've already got the next saturday off work (deep sea fishing trip! gonna be great!) i can't get off on the sunday.

sorry guys.
i'll be hanging out for the impressions thread though! make sure there's pictures!

Nov 16, 2006 at 12:14 PM Post #26 of 32
I'm in for either day as I'm free on that week.

I'll can bring the following (updated):

Audio Technica A900LTD's
Sennheiser PX100 (new version)
modded silver sony mdr-e888lp's (these might be broken, which is a pity if they are)
unmodded Koss KSC-75's
Creative Zen Touch 20GB
I also have a broken I-pod mini, but thats probably no good.
Also a laptop with on-board sound plus headphone out, doesn't sound too bad with the ksc-75's but that might be the 75's doing
biggrin.gif

So count me as attending if this happens, ill be bringing someone along as well.

Nov 19, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #27 of 32
Sorry guys, the meet is cancelled. Perhaps it wasn't the best time of the year, people got other commintments (apart from )v(ajin_R_ who was able to make it down south).
Thanks everybody for interest. Not all is lost, I'll give it another try next year.

Cheers,

Lad

Nov 19, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and can bring my HE60's

Now, that's an incentive!

Nov 19, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #30 of 32
Indeed, it might certainly change a few people's minds. Would it be possible for the meeting to be pushed back a week or two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back