Switching from Full Headphone (Aeon 2 Noire) to IEM...Recommendations?
Oct 6, 2023 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

superfrognyc

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

II want to switch from full headphone (Aeon 2 Noire) to IEM...Do you guys have any recommendations?

It has to be sub 1k and sound (as much as possible as) the Aeon 2 Noire.

Thanks!

Alex :L3000:

Oct 15, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 8
There are a lot of new sub 1k IEMs releasing that are successors to what I would rec, so someone with more recent experience could chime in.

Moondrop has been a solid performer for me. Variations and Aria in particular. They have released some new stuff that's interesting (dark saber), but they probably won't match your preferred bass ratio based on graphs of the noire I could find.

Thieaudio has been spottier IME, but based on your criteria the Monarch mk3 might match what you want in your budget.

Oct 15, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #5 of 8
There are a lot of new sub 1k IEMs releasing that are successors to what I would rec, so someone with more recent experience could chime in.

Moondrop has been a solid performer for me. Variations and Aria in particular. They have released some new stuff that's interesting (dark saber), but they probably won't match your preferred bass ratio based on graphs of the noire I could find.

Thieaudio has been spottier IME, but based on your criteria the Monarch mk3 might match what you want in your budget.
Thanks for the recommendations, I tried Moondrop Kato, great bass but I found it ultimately little bit fatiguing. :eyes:

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #6 of 8
Variation and noire are very different.

Oct 15, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 8
That is actually very good info there. The Kato is quite strongly boosted in the gain region and doesn't have a very pronounced bass response, so you are going to probably prefer a more western style tuning with a more even midbass to gain region ratio.

Mangrid Xenns Up might be ok for you. Warmer bass response, lower relative gain and treble response.

Oct 15, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for the recommendations, I tried Moondrop Kato, great bass but I found it ultimately little bit fatiguing. :eyes:
I found the Kato to be quite annoying with the stock spring tips and single-ended. I switched to ePro horns and went balanced. Now the Kato is my most used IEM over IEMs costing multiple times the cost of the Kato.

I am a fan of the Diffuse Field target. If that target is not to your taste, then you might want something like the Penon Serial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back