Switching from cable to AT&T U-verse
May 19, 2008 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

4EvrChaser

New Head-Fier
I have been thinking of switching from Comcast to AT&T U-verse and I would like to know anyones experience both good and bad.
I would also like to know if it is really better than cable or how does it compare to each other?

TIA

May 19, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 4
I went the other way, from AT&T to not Comcast, which I know nothing about, but to Time Warner/Yahoo/Road Runner. I'm glad I did - AT&T's service, billing and tech support were below satisfactory, and that's an understatement, but I didn't want to rant.
rolleyes.gif

Laz

May 19, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for your reply Laz.
I used to be Time Warner/EarthLink but was changed over to Comcast/EarthLink about two years ago when they took over.
When it was Time Warner the service and tech support was not great but above average but since Comcast has taken over the service and tech support is below satisfactory but the price has gone up. So, it sounds like if I were to switch to AT&T U-verse, I will be getting about the same kind of service and tech support as I am getting now but at a little cheaper price.
While, you were with AT&T U-verse did you like it beside the service, billing and tech support?

May 19, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #4 of 4
I've had both Time Warner and AT&T, currently AT&T. I was MUCH happier with Time Warner, but have been giving AT&T the benefit of the doubt since my package with them is considerably cheaper (about $35-40/month less). They've got one more strike before I call to cancel and switch back to Time Warner.

AT&T's reliability is subpar and when my DSL goes out, I have to spend at least 1.5hrs on the phone for some answers since the first 5 people I speak with have no idea what they are talking about. I've called probably 5 times during the half year I've had AT&T and, to their credit, they will get me straightened around, but it takes a LONG time (I'm no computer programmer, but I'm far from illiterate). We were without TV for a full week (not a huge deal, but certainly an inconvenience) when my wife simply unplugged one cable and reconnected seconds later to move the satellite box.
The rep who came to fix it said never to move or touch anything. That's inconvenient.
Also, we've got two stupid satellites at our house because the old one wasn't up to snuff and they refuse to take their junk from your house.

The last time I called when my DSL password was randomly reset, the first 2 people I spoke with didn't know what OSX was. I had to spend 2 good minutes explaining that not all computer ran Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back