Switching bluetooth sources from headphones?
Aug 22, 2021 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ozarkcdn

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Shure Aonic 50's with hoping that switching / advanced multipoint might have improved somewhere along the line, but not having much luck in this scenario: I have multiple source devices, android phone, PC, iPad - and having trouble switching amongst them as a source.

I don't really care about simultaneous connections, but just being able to select different sources at will. My friend has a Bose speaker that has a pairing button that announces what the current bt connection is. I keep getting a 'connection failed' with previously connected devices and it seems that I have to keep going into bt pairing mode every time I want to flip between devices.

Is it typical to have to always go back into pairing mode or into the current source to disconnect and connect from the other device to switch sources with bt headphones?

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #3 of 5
Right - still looking for the device that can switch >2 sources from the headphone easily without having to go through the pairing process multiple times a day.

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #4 of 5
I actually tested it out on my wife's QC35ii headphones and the headphones do have a control to switch bt sources and announces which device it's connected to. Are there any others that also have that function besides bose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back