Switch to send analog output from DAC to either Headphone Amp or Preamp/Amp/Loudspeakers
Dec 10, 2014 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Staxton

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm new to Head-Fi and this is my first post. I've been lurking for several weeks and have been really impressed with the great information available here!

I know that similar topics have been raised before, but I haven't seen this particular question before. I have an external DAC connected via USB to a Windows 8 PC running J River MC 20, through which I listen to music files physically located on a Synology Diskstation NAS. What I am looking for is a switch so that I can route the analog output from the DAC to either (A) a headphone Amp, or (B) a preamp/amplifier connected to loudspeakers. Of course I would like the switch to not degrade the sound quality or introduce any unwanted artifacts. I see that there are splitters available that might do the job, but I am concerned about the DAC having to feed both the headphone amp and the speaker preamp/amp at the same time. Are there any problems with that solution?

Thanks very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back