Switch from Ultrasone HFI 780 to Denon AHD 600?
Aug 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Alfonsomac

New Head-Fier
Hi guys.

I need some advices. I'm not an expert, but i like to enjoy music with a good pair of cans.
In the past i had -and tried- the Sennheiser HD598, which i replaced with the closed cans Ultrasone HFI 780. They are really good, very well balanced i may say. I also have the FiiO E10 to enjoy them more.
Though i do not define them a "wow headphones", i didn't want to replace them; until i saw the AH-D600.

In the past, i was very curious about the AH-D2000, but for some reason i went on the 780.
Now the AH-D600 costs only 232 euros on Amazon, and i may buy them. But what i want to know, it's if i get some benefits (isolation, bass, mids, treble, ecc) from the actual HFI 780. 
To let you know, i mainly listen post rock, psychedelic, electronic, trip hop, experimental and ambient music [Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Portishead, Sigur Rós, James Blake].

What do you say on the switch? Do i make a breakthrough or a step back (considering the less ohms comparing to 780)?

And are the AH-D600 better than Sennheiser Momentum?

P.S. Oh, for what's worth, i'm a little bit concerned about the iOS reference on the box. Even if i'm a Mac and iPhone user, it's sound so Beats style.

Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back