swimmers ear....
Jun 12, 2008 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Nihility

100+ Head-Fier
just a day after ordering my rs-2's i get swimmers ear.

i dont even swim!

my doctor said its cause its been SO humid lately, hes seen a lot of people getting it (my house is on a beach pretty much)

so i have prescription drops and **** and my right ear feels all blocked and bleh.

too bad i got overnight shipping ><

Jun 12, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 10
that sucks! id be soo pissed off.
mad.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 10
I used to get swimmers ear a lot, but that was when I swam a lot (we had a pool when I was a kid). Never heard of getting it from humidity, though.

I can relate to your frustration - two days after I trashed my left shoulder last July, someone gave me a set of golf clubs. I'm just now getting my shoulder back into good enough shape to start thinking about using them. It's definitely been frustrating looking at them all this time.

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 10
mm ya.

how long till it usually goes away?

we can look on the bright side i guess - i can still break em in properly for a few days
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #5 of 10
Yeah, and having hearing again after a period of poor hearing will make the new gear sound even better.

Nothing worse than paying for expensive next day shipping and not getting the benefit, though.

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 10
actually im leaving tomorrow night, so ill get them tomorrow, i wouldnt be back for a few days and wouldnt want them to sit there on the front step, so i guess its ok.

still annoying ><

Jun 12, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #7 of 10
looks like paypal plugin is stupid and you have to transfer the funds to your account before you can use their "virtual credit card" service.

stupid paypal, they said i could use my bank too!

now i gotta delay my order by 5 days (weekends dont count for a transfer) then it will work.

LAME

Jun 13, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #8 of 10
That sucks!
Hope they get back to a normal state quite soon, so you can enjoy headphone listing again.

Jun 13, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #9 of 10
I know how you feel ....... just when i ordered my I-Qube my wife finally decided to look into just how much I've been spending on headphones and amps.... apparently she doesnt believe that my K701's cost less than £100 and my Predator amp isn't a cheap Chinese amp costing £40!!
How very untrusting.!
How do i convince her that the I-qube I just paid £400 for is in fact cheapness itself?
especially when it looks so sexy!!

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #10 of 10
its cool i just gotta get through to headroom and explain it, felt bad cause i hadnt called paypal first and i had way above the funds needed for this in my bank account (which paypal said i could use directly), so i was like giving headroom a bunch of different "secure cards" from paypal which were all denied.

paypal customer service is really stupid too, i called and i was like "well um, im just trying to figure out why the check is being denied" so she was like "well you only have 5 bucks in your account sir" "yes, but i selected main payment to be my bank account because i dont keep money in my paypal balance"

"oh sorry sir we're working that out right now, but you can only use your paypal balance"

"shouldnt you say that online before people get their cards denied like crazy and not know why?"

"anything else today sir? no? ok have a good day. *hangs up*"

me: !()^#@ing *&#^!
biggrin.gif

oh well, if im not mistaken ill be using these headphones for a loooooong time. i can wait a few days. im going on vacation tomorrow until monday anyway for fathers day (going up to NH with my dad, relatives, etc.) so i wouldnt be able to use open cans with 20 people in a 3 person house
wink.gif

on the ear issue - no more tinnitus (sp?) but sound is still quite muffled, getting better slowly though. the worst part is that im at the gym two hours every other day, where they play horrible music over a crappy radio - so i use IEM's... well no IEM's for a while at all nevermind for two hours while sweating - prolly why i got it in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back