Sweetest looking car EVER!!
Sep 8, 2002 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 37
Those seats look like they have little speakers in them, hehe. Definatly sweet looking, they better not put some POS engine in it.

Sep 8, 2002 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 37
Ahhhh...now i can put my racing jumpsuit and helmet to use
biggrin.gif

That is a sweet piece of....machinery.

Sep 8, 2002 at 7:59 PM Post #5 of 37
"The concept GT40 is equipped to live up to the performance expectations fostered by its testosterone-pumped exterior. The car is powered by a supercharged 5.4-liter DOHC 32-valve V8; the engine delivers 500 horsepower and 500 pound-feet of torque, and Ford proudly boasts that both of these figures are comparable to those of the race engine that took home the gold for the marque at Le Mans. The V8 is nestled in an aluminum space frame and comes equipped with aluminum heads, a forged crankshaft, H-beam forged connecting rods and aluminum pistons. Outside cooling scoops are used to ensure that the motor doesn't generate too much heat. A close-ratio six-speed tranny transmits the engine's potency to the asphalt."

- Edmunds

Sep 8, 2002 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 37
How the hell are they getting 500 horses out of that engine? Amazing. This car better be in GT4. (By the way, anyone know when GT4's coming out?)

How 'bout this pic:
lg_roof-lg.jpg

I wonder if the production version will really have the engine under glass like that. That'd be hot.

And check out Popular Mechanics' GT40 preview and history.

kerelybonto

Sep 8, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Ari
Flasken

This one is the best...You are rigth !!

One pic at LeMans...

-snip-

Best

Ari

Yeah that's the old version there... Totally rocked le mans back in the days... GOD, thems be some sweeeeet cars!!

Sep 8, 2002 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 37
I would looove to be on the design team of a car like that! sweetness!

Sep 8, 2002 at 10:47 PM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
Nice but I think the new Viper is going to have appox 600 HP by next year is what I heard. No way will it catch that.

Nope, the new one's only gonna have 500 hp according to edmunds...

Lol.... "Only"...

biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2002 at 1:58 AM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
Am I the only one that likes the look of a Honda Prelude better?

Probably. Yes.
wink.gif

The original GT-40 was always on my list of all-time favorite automobiles, so I think this is an exciting revival product. What I like so much about it is how much like the original this one looks.

Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
....they better not put some POS engine in it.

With Roush Industries doing the powertrain development, I expect the engine will be a beauty and a brute. Roush Industries is headed by the same man who heads Roush Racing. Roush Racing, in addition to its extremely strong NASCAR presence, also builds engines used in the Indy Racing League.

One of their drivers won the Chevy Monte Carlo 400 last night, and another one of their drivers is only nine points behind the overall Winston Cup Series leader Sterling Marlin (with two of their drivers currently in the top ten, and all four in the top 15).

I've spent a lot of time in some Roush-modified hotrods (including a brief run with one equipped with a twin turbo 5.8-liter -- hello!), and I can say that the man (and his company) knows engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back