SWEET new MP3 unit: Hanbit XDRUM XD501
Mar 12, 2005 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Tina

100+ Head-Fier
700mW (??? m not sure if it's the headphone output)
3GB with the Mini Secure Digital Card
LINE-IN can encode WAV on the fly
FM-Transmitter
can recharge thru the USB interface
75x31x16.2mm
44 languages supported
extra gimmicks: Auto Lyrics Display, TTS (Text-to-Speech), Auto-E-mail, Text Viewer, Alarm, Stopwatch, Clock
and Calendar

links: here

and cool pics here

Mar 12, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 14
I find it quite hard to believe. 700mw, dual speakers, built in? How does that fit along with everything else? If this is real, it is incredible. And if it actually does come with an amp that powerful I wonder if they use it as the headphone amp too. It eliminates the need for a portable amp.

It also seems to come with a built-in FM transmitter. This really sounds too good to be true.

Mar 12, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 14
OK, in features, it says it records to wav, in function, it supports up to 112kbs 22.5 khz. SO WHICH IS IT GUYS? I was all excited there for a second when it says it supports and external mic, but I don't think you can record uncompressed. When somebody makes one that will record uncompressed to a stereo mic and has at least 10gigs, I'll be first in line.

EDIT: it says it records 32kbs .wav - which are over 1000kbs. 32kbs wave would sound like crap.

Mar 12, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 14
It says 70mW. Still, that's a lot. That's in the provided link...

But here, it does say 700mW. What the hell? Someone should buy one, just to see. It plays ogg, too!

product_main_text_01.gif

Interesting!!!

Headphone out is only 20mW. Damn.

EDIT: Hmmm... Pic didn't show up right.

Mar 12, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #7 of 14
Whenever you see a number that sounds abnormally high (700mW) on a portable device, it is usually a speaker. I believe the Panasonic Minidisc players came with portable speakers that doubled as battery charges, that claimed to output some 900mW or something like that for the speakers, but the headpohne out was 5mW.

Mar 12, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spacko
this little gadget sounds has some pretty good stats but what stands out is that it has a FLASHLIGHT! now thats new!

You mean battery drain with visible indicator?

Mar 13, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #10 of 14
OMG... this looks to be a pretty awesome player... probably has the most features in any mp3 player... ever.

any word on the release date? hopefully it will be next week hehe
orphsmile.gif

Mar 13, 2005 at 10:11 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by YngwieJMalmsteen
but I don't think you can record uncompressed.

yup... based on the specs it says:
Quote:

[Encoding Bit Rate]
- MP3 : 16Kbps ~ 192Kbps
- WMA : 32Kbps ~ 128Kbps
- WAV : 32Kbps

sigh, headphone out is indeed 20mW @ 16ohms

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgunner
It looks great, and you can see where the speakers are,

gallery_mig_s_04.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgunner
also a built in usb connector??

gallery_mig_s_01.gif

for 75mm (35g), it's an eye catcher (black looks better than those ipods IMHO). i'll give this player around 15hours batt life. that's not bad for my standards. i wonder how much would those digi cards cost? this would come in handy as a data drive. the ogg (499Kbps) support is what's prolly gonna let me choose this over an H10. feature wise, i'd want this for my portable. if i want sound quality, i can do better with a backpack rig anyway. well, who knows yet, maybe this will sound better than our karmas
etysmile.gif
. but looking around and how the XD405 costs, i'd say this unit will be a bit pricey at around $280.

Mar 14, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #12 of 14
That thing loks awesome. I'd get one, if the price is right. You get a 3MB player the size of a lighter - with a bagfull of features. What's not to like>

Mar 14, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oga
That thing loks awesome. I'd get one, if the price is right. You get a 3MB player the size of a lighter - with a bagfull of features. What's not to like>

uh oh have we gone back in time to the massive 3mb HD's?
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2005 at 12:15 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
uh oh have we gone back in time to the massive 3mb HD's?
tongue.gif

have you ever asked yourself why some people buy the micro and the h10 when there are 60gig units out there; or why this thread has been picking up? duh!
i have a notebook computer (t42). and i have a 120gig external drive dedicated for my wave files alone so when i travel from country to country, i don't need to bring cd's. as for a portable, i want something that i can bring with me even if i'm wearing tight jeans. whether something i can hang on my neck or push in my backpocket without much bulk or discomfort. it doesn't have to be audiophile grade (i have other portables or home systems for that). i just want to listen to my tracks when i'm moving around or rockclimbing without having any bulk in my pockets or worrying that a precious ipod or karma would fall if i were to ran after a shoplifter.
k1000smile.gif
3000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back