Sweet Mother of Grado it's true!
Feb 1, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 17
I'm yet to hear the RS-1s, but the RS-2s make my head spin and my heart flutter. I don't know what I'd do with the 1s!

Feb 1, 2006 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
I'm yet to hear the RS-1s, but the RS-2s make my head spin and my heart flutter. I don't know what I'd do with the 1s!

I envision a "Linda Blair"esque reaction.
basshead.gif

Feb 1, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeluiz22
The RS-1s ARE that good. I was skeptical; didn' t think I'd hear a big difference from 325is. I was wrong to say the least.

Wait until you hear them after burn in. Only a matter of time before you will want HP-2's.
icon10.gif

Feb 1, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos

I know what you mean, My RS-2's are absolute BLISS. I dont want to hear the RS-1. It might ruin it for me.

Feb 1, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeluiz22
The RS-1s ARE that good. I was skeptical; didn' t think I'd hear a big difference from 325is. I was wrong to say the least.

Hey, could you compare the RS-1 to the 325i for me? I want to hop back on the Grado train and loved the 325i's.

What kind of music do you listen to? Are you using a dedicated headphone amp?

Feb 2, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
Hey, could you compare the RS-1 to the 325i for me? I want to hop back on the Grado train and loved the 325i's.

What kind of music do you listen to? Are you using a dedicated headphone amp?

I'm using a MF XCan v3; my sources are a Jolida tube cd player and a Clearaudio Emotion turntable with the Aurum Wood cartidge.

I listen to rock (although Radiohead, iron & Wine/Calexico, Elliot Smith and on a good day PJ Harvey are the only recent acts I can tolerate)- the Doors, the Who, Dylan, Allmans, Beatles, Stones, Clash, etc.

and jazz- real jazz- Coltrane, Miles, Mingus, Dizzy, Ornette Coleman, etc.

and country that IS country, (Gram Parsons, Cash, Willie, Steve Earle, Merle Haggard, Yoakam) as opposed to country that's not country (the shapeless, formless pop-for-pop junk that we now call country).

The first song I heard with the RS-1s was "Mind Games" by John Lennon on my cd player; I had been listening to it on the MS2i's while I unpacked the RS-1s. I plugged in the RS-1's and it was as if the skys had opened and warm, sweet rain began to fall.

Everything opened up; more bass, more voice, more keys and guitar- more, not as in louder, but as in complete- the beginning, middle, end , back, front, top, bottom- of every note, riff, lyric.

Most importantly- more SONG in the macro sense.

That's the bst I can do to describe the experience.

Feb 2, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 17
I heard the RS-2's a few weeks back and felt weak It made me really lust after the RS-1's

hopefully soon i will join the club

Feb 2, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by y0da
I heard the RS-2's a few weeks back and felt weak It made me really lust after the RS-1's

hopefully soon i will join the club

I am not so sure I agree. I have both the RS-1 and the RS-2. Yes the RS-1 is more detailed and has more defined bass. But it is not $200 better nor is it 33% better.

I feel the RS-2's are the forgotten child in that you get 90% of the RS-1 at a $200 discount. Yet most people do not care or even bother to listen to them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Feb 2, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
If the RS-2’s are so great why are you selling them and keeping the RS-1’s?

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=161055

Mitch

Please Miguel, allow me. He's selling the RS-2's b/c he has the budget to allow him the luxury of the RS-1's. The RS-2's may be a better value than the RS-1's, but that is vastly different from them being comparable or better. He said that the RS-2's are 90% of the RS-1's; obviously he thinks 10% is worth $200.

Feb 2, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #14 of 17
To be honest, listening from the same source and amp, I find the sr325i's sound quality far surpassed the RS-1

the RS-1 honky mid's quite annoying in some circumstances

Feb 2, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
If the RS-2’s are so great why are you selling them and keeping the RS-1’s?[/url]

Subterfuge? He's trying to SELL his RS-2.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back