SWEEAR SR-11 Discussions & Impressions Thread
May 10, 2024 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

musingclouds

100+ Head-Fier
This is a gem of an IEM that has been under the radar; really should be put in the same conversation as the Elysian Annihilators, the Noble Audio Kublai Khan's, the Jewels, etc

I will state upfront that I have no affiliation with the brand and stumbled upon these by sheer luck, honestly supremely grateful for it too.

Special mention to @HardstyleLoco96 for answering my questions about them as he had demo'd them before in the past.

They're a small IEM brand out of Hong Kong in 2019/2020 during Covid. Can purchase on their website or headphones.com.hk.

To begin:

The SWEEAR SR-11 is a hybrid quad-electrostatic, single dynamic, and 6 BA driver IEM.

A lot of detailed information and more of an audiophile perspective can be gleaned from @marcusd's excellent review on Headfonics posted here: HERE, but I wanted to use this thread to share overall impressions as a non-technical listener/reviewer.

As of right now, (I cannot be 100% certain of course) I believe I may be the one of the few people in the world (or at least the US) who use these as a daily driver.

I first discovered these sitting in the classified section of Head-Fi for months. I bookmarked it and kinda left it alone for a bit but ultimately got the itch to learn a bit more about them. The only thing online were Marcus' review above and one review on Head-Fi (which I wasn't completely certain was independent or not), so I decided to take the plunge and verify on my own.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 5.04.04 PM.png

First words that come to mind after using them for a number of weeks now.

If I had to pick one word, elegance. Not just in the understated looks, but just from how polished everything I throw at it comes out.

IMG_2593.jpg
IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg
IMG_2570.jpg

The SR-11s are SWEEAR's flagship 'reference' class IEMs, and they really handle that label with distinction. Everything I've subjected them to has been handled with impeccable delivery. Vocals are very intimate, and never feel fatiguing after long periods of listening (2+ hrs). They are on the smaller size in size as well, so they sit comfortable in the ear without any excess weight.

In the one review linked above earlier, the author writes "beautiful midrange that takes you places." Honestly, I have to agree with that.

There's no harsh sibilance imo across a variety of tracks, and even bass (while not a basshead's IEM) handles without feeling thin or weak.

Genres I typically listen to: Electronic, Film Scores, Instrumentals, R&B and Rap, and Folk.

Having come from a more bass heavy UM Mext with their bone conduction, listening to the SR-11s felt like walking into a world of sophistication as opposed to being in the middle of a fun but loud party, as an all rounder, everything just comes across as smooth and refined.

Which isn't to say the SWEEARs aren't fun to listen to, just that you don't get that unpredictability; it just performs.

For example: Ratatat’s Gettysburg was handled very deftly and the bass was fast and polished.

On the flip side of the spectrum, Billie Eilish’s delicate vocals in When the Party’s Over make you feel like you’re being in the same room with her…

And finally in a mix of everything, RADWIMPS Suzume which is quite a diverse song, the SWEEAR changes tact so quickly throughout the song and never misses a beat, literally.

(I used 16 bit FLAC files and Sony ZX707 DAP)

IMG_2590.jpg

(Dita Navigator, Eletech Perseus Cable with the SR-11s)

One thing I underestimated about these IEMs was the sheer amount of power I needed to utilize to really unlock it, probably due to the hybrid drivers. With 11 drivers and 14 ohms impedence, I figured it would be easy to drive these; it was only after pairing these with the DITA Navigator that these really opened up a whole new world to me (previously was using the Aune Yuki which I think was pleasant but the combo didn't wow me.)

I did some tip rolling and settled on using the Eletech Baroque's in Large for the best sound to my ears. I think these could benefit from replacing the stock tips; the nozzle is a bit on the thicker side so you definitely need some trial and error for fit.

In terms of flaws I can really only point to the price. It's definitely end-game level IEM and I am happily, happily retired at this point.

Give SWEEAR a shot, they deserve recognition for creating this fantastic IEM!

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 4
that classifieds listing had a very tempting price but there wasn't much about it online/I don't need more iems so I never pulled the trigger. glad it found a new owner :)
I honestly think this is the only reason I was able to snag these. The relative anonymity of the brand compared to all the others. There’s been no hype or marketing at all, part of the reason why I wanted to start this thread!

May 21, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 4
After more time with these, I have to say the Bass response is more than adequate, I'm actually shocked how well these thump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back