Sweat build up in the ear tip?
Nov 15, 2021 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hierobryan

Head-Fier
Bought the Andromeda classic a few weeks ago and I noticed sweat/condensation starts building up after around 45-60 minutes of listening. This occurs in an air conditioned apartment while I'm just sitting on my couch doing nothing. I get worried I'll move my head and cause the liquid to enter the bores and ruin my IEMs. I own a few other IEMs - UE 18+ CSX, Thieaudio Monarch & Legacy 4, 7hz Timeless, KZ AS10, Shure SE530 - only the Andromeda has this problem. For now I've been pausing every hour to dab the bore with a Q-tip, it's pretty annoying. Does anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

sweat.JPG

Jan 17, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm using the Andromeda 2020 and having this problem too. The best solution I could think of is using swabs to wipe out the built-up sweat after each listening session. I also use the Campfire-provided silicone ear tips which have a very wide bore design, making it very convenient to do the cleaning with swabs without having to remove the ear tips

Although foam tips might affect the sound quality (cut off some of the treble presence?) and cause ear fatigue after a long listening session they completely solve the condensation problem, at least it works in my case, so if you don't mind mentioned side-effects, foam tips is the best solution I could find at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back