Swapping Remotes on Sony CD players?
Jan 31, 2002 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

PianoBlack

100+ Head-Fier
Hey y'all,

If any of you have experience swapping remote controls on their Sony discmans, particularly the D-777 or the D-E905, please let me know how it goes.

I can't seem to find the Sony PM-MP1S Micro Plug to Mini Jack yet in retail stores here (and I can't order from the states because I went WAY over my quota with a Porta Corda and ER-4Ps). But I would really love to use my headphones WITH the remote control.

Thanks.

Jan 31, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 3
You should be ok swapping remotes. I have several different Sony remotes and they are interchangeable, although not all of the functions are retained. I have an eight year old Sony PCDP that uses the current style remote plug in the player, and I tried one of the new jogstick remotes on it from my D-EJ1000 and some of the functions work, but not all, since things like the on remote display and digital volume control weren't supported back then.

-Keith

Feb 1, 2002 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 3
That's exactly what I needed to hear! Thanks for nippin' that worry in the bud.

The company I'm planning to get my D-E900 from is looking into swapping the remote with the 11EL MD remote used in the EJ1000 and 925.

But if it worked with an eight year old discman, I'm thinkin' that it'd work with a four year old one.

Thanks again!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back