Swap or not? Currently have SRH440
May 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

deviot

New Head-Fier

Hi Guys,

Been browsing for a while and finally took the plunge on getting some better headphones from my old/cheap and now dog eaten AGK K321 iem's. I picked closed headphones over another iem for comfort and closed design for use at work (a must!). I researched what good closed headphones around $100 (aud) was and picked the SHR440. Found a good aussie seller (http://headphones.com.au/) and got them quick and smart.

The good: These are amazing in the mids and highs like everyone said. Prefect for the acoustic, alternative rock music I listen to. Didn't even know what I was missing out on.
The bad: They seem to be lacking the wow in the lows, Lacking when listening to things like dubstep, etc.

The company I brought from offer a 20 day trial exchange program (have to pay return and shipping for new item, around $30 :frowning2:). So was wondering if I should just pay the extra shipping and swap for something else. Was looking at things like the Brainwavz HM5, Audio Technica ATH-M50, SRH750DJ, Koss TBSE1, Shure SRH840, DT250(80ohm?), etc . As you can see i'm happy to spend a bit more if it's really worth it to get something the next step.

Buying headphones have open me up to something new and I feel like in the future I will be listerning to only high quailty songs and possible investigating the plus of using a amp (not sure if that changes headphone options?).

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Devon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back