Swan T-200a
Apr 26, 2004 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BoardC3

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone here heard the Swan T-200a's? I know that the M100s were big a little while ago, but im planning on getting the T-200a's soon mainly because of a single review done be firingsquad and swans incredible reputation. Here's the review I found

"These speakers are so exciting that Alexis is working on a dedicated review of these speakers (along with the Swans M200). As nice as these speakers look, they sound even better. These speakers will draw attention for their sound quality. There is an uncanny transparency with these speakers offering life-like midrange purity, and detail – all while providing a musical neutrality that is never fatiguing. The speakers are just slightly bright (in a good way – it’s not harsh), imparting a flavor along the lines of Dynaudio Audience speakers or the Sennheiser HD590 headphones. We have never reviewed better loudspeakers at FiringSquad.
Think back to when the Klipsch Promedia’s first came out. That’s the sort of experience I’m getting with these Swans T200a speakers, except now it is the T200a’s bringing audiophile grade speakers to the PC. We still love and recommend the Klipsch and Logitech line-up for games, but anyone ready to move onto something more luxurious and true-to-the-music performance, the 2-channel Swans are your next bet. Of course, keep in mind that the better your speakers, the better your source needs to be. This is not because the speakers do any worse with low-quailty recordings, but because high-quality recordings will sound that much better on T200a."

Im also planning on getting them from here http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...136-104&depa=0 being that it is the only place selling them. Even if you have no interest in them you should check out the link just to see the gorgeous design. Thanks for the help
Chris

May 28, 2004 at 9:06 AM Post #2 of 7
I checked them out in china. I can only compare them to my m200. A little bright for my taste. But still sounded very good. The low is about the same as a m200.

swans.jpg

May 31, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #4 of 7
Is that a Bose sub sitting in front? My audiophile ears are already cringing.

How many Swans brands are there? On the avsforum.com forum, a brand called swans (if I remember correctly) was heavily promoted on that board, they were toted as the best speakers ever made, period. Then the Swans brand got replaced by the Onix Rockets. The Rockets were then toted as the best speakers. And no one ever talked about Swans anymore. Then Onix came out with their reference line, then those speakers were toted as the best ever. The once mighty Rockets were relegated to oblivion.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think it is possible to have a quantum leap in speaker technology in a span of 2 years, much less 3 quantum leaps. To make a long story short, I am weary of this kind of marketing.

May 31, 2004 at 7:41 AM Post #5 of 7
Obviously not best, just bang for buck. Man, there's too much audio equipment to hear out there!

May 31, 2004 at 2:10 PM Post #6 of 7
Hey I got these speakers about a month ago and they are just gorgeous, in both sound and appearance. They sound incredible after you burn them in for a while, the only part lacking is the very low end, but now that i have them i woudl never trade them. Ive heard speakers taht cost 3x as much and dont come close to the sound of this. not to mention it looks insanely cool. I highly suggest them.

Jun 1, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by was ist los?
Would you consider the sound performance warrents the price increase?

No idea. I didn't listen to anything I knew. And I am no expert at this kind things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
Is that a Bose sub sitting in front? My audiophile ears are already cringing.

How many Swans brands are there? On the avsforum.com forum, a brand called swans (if I remember correctly) was heavily promoted on that board, they were toted as the best speakers ever made, period. Then the Swans brand got replaced by the Onix Rockets. The Rockets were then toted as the best speakers. And no one ever talked about Swans anymore. Then Onix came out with their reference line, then those speakers were toted as the best ever. The once mighty Rockets were relegated to oblivion.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think it is possible to have a quantum leap in speaker technology in a span of 2 years, much less 3 quantum leaps. To make a long story short, I am weary of this kind of marketing.

Maybe, but it wasn't hooked up when I checked out the t200a and the two towers.

The only swan I know is from China. They are just really good for what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back