Swan D1080MkII08 vs audioengine a2 vs?
Sep 7, 2011 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

razorskub

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm sure this has come up a lot, I was looking for some good speakers for my computer, at first I saw the logitech z623's, and klipsch pro media and started looking at self powered bookshelf speakers.
Living in Canada my choice is reduced and my prices are inflated so selection isn't great. I did preview the audioengine a2 at a store and they sounded good(cheapest I saw was $219 and that's pretty much the most I would want to spend.
I haven't seen anywhere I can buy the swans, but if they are better for a lower price I might consider ordering them in.
I wouldn't call myself an audiophile at all, but I do appreciate good sounding cans.

Cheers

Sep 8, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 7
After hearing some cheaper bookshelf/active speakers IMO Audioengine is overcharging us hehe I understand some peeps swear by this brand though 
blink.gif

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 7
Sep 8, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #6 of 7
looks good, but size is an issue for me, I think the polks would be too big for the computer desk, but I may consider it for the tv since i'm just using the built in speakers there (blasphemy I know but I'm slightly broke)

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #7 of 7
There is the model below the 40s:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290200   I have a pair of these and they sound alot better than they should for $85 and they certainly stomp the A2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back