Survey flaws
Jan 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

splaz

1000+ Head-Fier

Just filled out a survey, strange that I did one but that's beside the point, I thought I'd point out what I consider a bit of a flaw.

I was asked things like how much I would spend or am planning to spend on headphones and also my income.

What denomination is it ?

My guess is $US, but it could be monopoly money for all I know.

I just put the equivalent in $AU because that's more or less 1:1.

Even then it is vastly different incomes, classes, living costs, lifestyles, GDP and so on and so forth.

Here at least we have issues where the cost of living is high and labour costs are high, so in retail prices are high and customer service is often poor, compared to other countries. (My opinion at least.)

There are currently issues with retailers complaining about consumers buying online from overseas. The reason is our dollar is strong yet retail prices of many goods from necessities to luxury items are at least 2 times as expensive if not more than other developed countries. So people buy luxury items from overseas at a fraction of the price or pay a lot more locally.

So what is the point I'm trying to make.

Well for a start income related to spending on headphones and accesories may have big variations by region.

Also, the amount spent on headphones and equipment may vary by region, so what might buy some high quality headphones and gear in one country, even using exchange rates due to local cost differences may be less or inferior gear in another or vice versa.

Also adding in country to the data may show things like country/continent loyalty in brand preferences among other things if it applies, brand preference by country could even be related to what brands or models are more common there or more affordable.

Just thought that it may for one throw off the data a bit and that also country specific data may be quite useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back