Survey 2: What CDs are on your wishlist?
Apr 19, 2002 at 3:23 AM Post #16 of 21
Bruckner: Symphony No. 8 Conducted by Gunter Wand (RCA red seal)

Bruckner: Symphony Nos. 7-9 Conducted by Sergeiu Celibidache (DG)

Mahler: Symphony No. 5 Conducted by Rudolf Barshai (laurel)

the first two i want because i want an alternative interpretation to my live Horenstein recording of the 8th(despite its being very good).
the second i want because i've heard its the best recording of the 5th, and my Barbiroli recording is a bit anticlimactic at the very end (tho not nearly as bad as Kubelik).

All three are very hard to find, and the Celibidache recording is ludicrously expensive (more than $60) so i haven't bought it when i have found it. so i'll probably wait till christmas for these cds. alas.

Apr 19, 2002 at 4:56 AM Post #18 of 21
I cant think of a single cd to buy...too much trading (muhahahaha)

Apr 19, 2002 at 4:58 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
I cant think of a single cd to buy...too much trading (muhahahaha)

Um...you know what else you might like? The new Apex Theory -- Topsy Turvy.

Apr 19, 2002 at 1:56 PM Post #20 of 21
1/ Laurence Juber / LJ Plays the Beatles
I like The Beatles melodies (as most people I guess) but found teh sound of their albums too bright and fatiguing. Juber plays the here on acoustic guitar. Very soft and liquid. Too few songs on the album and a bit pricey but whatever ...

2/ Some Phish Live Series. Not all of them. Probably 2 sets (6 CD's). I just like them.

3/ Anastasio Trey coming up album. I love the live sets I heard from him on nugs.net.

4/ Ali Farka Toure / From Timbuktu
Strange mix of acoustic guitar and african rythms. I just want one for the experience. I heard a few mp3s.

5/ Miles Davis / Bitches Brews
Apparently another masterpiece of Davis, fusion of jazz and rock ? I have to hear that.

6/ Coltrane / Utimate Blue Train
Do I need to comment?

7/ Jack Jezzro / The Beatles on Guitar
see n° 1!

8/ The Beatles, Instrumental Jazz Tribute ~ featuring Ron Eschete
I never heard anything of this but it looks interesting. I'm a bit reluctant of buying it without any more review or excerpts.

That's all actually. Of course, I'm sure I will have more ideas if I get in a shop! Some Monk or Rollins maybe ...

I have no problem buying lot of CDs when they rae reasonably priced. I'm much more reluctant when it gets up to $25 the CD as they are "import" in Europe! Jazz CDs are cheap.

P.

Jul 10, 2002 at 1:13 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by sapphiremodena
Thanks for letting me know about this

No problem. Quote:

Originally posted by sapphiremodena
I was wondering when his next album would be out. (June 30th)

Xzibit's new CD, "Man Vs. Machine," has been moved back to September 3rd. For more info on rap/hip-hop release dates, visit: 411 - The Connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back