surround sound headphone - for fps mmo
Feb 13, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #16 of 27
Why dont you try one pair of gaming headphones instead? I can suggest the Razer Τiamat 7.1 headphone which is about to come.If i was a gamer i would choose something like that.If you go to their site you will also see some 7.1 soundcards for the headset.It looks promising i guess

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #17 of 27
Oh god no, that won't end well. Multi-driver headsets are generally regarded as trash in places like this, and you're generally just better off with a good sound card, good-quality hi-fi headphones, and CMSS-3D Headphone or Dolby Headphone for the surround effect.

Reading Mad Lust Envy's guide on gaming headphones can help. Note that "fun" = bassy for explosions and whatnot, and "competitive" = positioning and bass that won't drown out important sound cues like footsteps. It's more of an issue with console gaming (which the guide is written in mind for, since MLE isn't a PC gamer and the Astro Mixamp has no EQ), but any PC sound card worth its pricetag has a good EQ to help adjust that.

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #19 of 27
You could always just get the Samson SR850C (made by Superlux), something to use while you read up more on headphones.

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #23 of 27

Perhaps, but a good end game combo if you dont want to go hyper high end.  If you follow the other thread you can get a decent USB dac as well with that sound card and just use the CMSS-3d processing.

All over budget but a good investment if you dont plan on going upgrade crazy.
Quote:

Already bought creative hd titanium, so ill buy  K702  and Matrix M-Stage?

hm tha would be like 500 euro, bit over my budget

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #24 of 27

Quote:
Just read about those, sounds nice. do I need amp for them?

Works fairly good without a headphone amplifier, but using a headphone amplifier with them will bring out their best.

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #25 of 27

Quote:
Already bought a Creative Labs Titanium HD, so I'll buy a K702 and Matrix M-Stage?
hm that would be like 500 euro, bit over my budget

I'm going to "guess" the CL Titanium HD will do a fairly go job of powering the AKG K702s by it's self.

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #26 of 27
The Titanium HD do not have a headphone amp, it can not power the AKG 702 by it self. the AKG 702 would need to be amped and the Matrix M-stage is a good choice for it. I had a AKG 702 my self, reviews for the titanium HD is misleading stating it has a amp when it really doesnt. It be a bad move to use the AKG 702 with the card it self. They are hard to be driven headphones and the M-Stage will do them justice.  You dont look at the ohm alone and think they be easy to be driven.

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #27 of 27
Fenixlight, I'm thinking that you could just use your current Senn PC350 (150-Ohm) with the Creative Labs T-HD (Titanium HD).
The T-HD does not come with a true headphone amplifier, but it seems to do a fairly good job of powering headphones.
I know the sound quality of the T-HD is way better then any built in sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back